From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||It has been requested that the title of this article be changed to Ecko Unlimited. Please see the relevant discussion on the discussion page. Do not move the page until the discussion has reached consensus for the change and is closed.|
|Founded||June 29, 1993East Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S.in|
|Headquarters||South River, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Marc Ecko (CCO)|
|Parent||IP Holdings Unltd LLC|
Yakira, L.L.C., doing business as Ecko Unlimited, is an American urban fashion company founded by Marc Ecko in 1993. The company makes apparel and accessories under brands including the men's Ecko Unltd. line and the Ecko Red line for girls and women. It is headquartered in South River, New Jersey. The company's products have been popular since the late 1990s; they were originally associated with hip-hop and skating culture, and moved into the mainstream urban culture in the early 2000s. It is most often associated with hip hop. The style is based on graffiti art. Its brand features a rhino as its logo.
Marc Ecko began selling graffiti-style t-shirts in the mid 1980s, and then founded his clothing brand, Ecko Unlimited, in 1993, with investments from his twin sister, Marci, and friend, Seth Gerszberg. In 2009, Ecko Unlimited had over $1 billion in global revenue and was the largest brand in streetwear.
On October 27, 2009, Iconix Brand Group paid $109 million for a 51% stake in Ecko Unlimited. It acquired full ownership in May 2013.
- Plunkett, Jack W. (2008). Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2008. Plunkett Research, Ltd. ISBN 1593921101.
- Walker, Rob (July 10, 2005). "Cul-de-Sac Cred". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Young, Vicki M. (April 4, 2014). "Former Ecko Unltd. Licensee in Bankruptcy". Women's Wear Daily. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Lubow, Arthur (March 1, 2009). ""It's Going to Be Big"". Inc. Mansueto Ventures. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Dolgetta, Maria (May 24, 2013). "Iconix Acquires The Remaining 49% Interest In Ecko Unltd., and Marc Ecko Cut & Sew". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association. Retrieved November 22, 2016.