From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1033.
|1033 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1033.|
- February 2 – Conrad II, Holy Roman Emperor, becomes King of Burgundy.
- Panic spreads throughout Europe that the end of the universe may be near, on the supposed 1,000th anniversary of the crucifixion of Christ, due to some unusually harsh spring weather. The Book of Revelation predicts the end of the earth after a 1,000 year period.
- Anselm of Canterbury, Archbishop of Canterbury (d. 1109)
- Cheng Yi, Song Dynasty China Neo-Confucian philosopher (d. 1107)
- Judith of Flanders (died 1095), English and German duchess
- Ibno Al-Thahabi, Spanish Moorish encyclopedist
- Cunigunde of Luxemburg, Holy Roman Empress Regent and saint (b. c. 975)
- "The Apocalyptic Dossier: 967-1033". Boston University. Boston University Center for Millennial Studies.
- Landes, Richard. "Introduction to Apocalypticism and Millennialism". Catholic Resources for Bible, Liturgy, Art, and Theology.
- "A Brief History of the Apocalypse". www.abhota.info. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- Revelation Chapter 20