10 Lafayette Square
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|10 Lafayette Square|
10 Lafayette Square (left)
|Alternative names||Tishman Building|
|Hotel chain||Hilton Garden Inn|
|Address||447 Main St.
10 Lafayette Square
|Town or city||Buffalo, New York|
|Inaugurated||November 18, 1959|
|Renovation cost||$42 million|
|Architectural||263 feet (80 m)|
|Tip||263 feet (80 m)|
|Roof||263 feet (80 m)|
|Structural system||Rigid frame|
|Material||Concrete and glass|
|Grounds||140,000 square feet (13,000 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Emery Roth & Sons|
|Main contractor||Tishman Realty & Construction Company|
|Known for||Former headquarters of the National Fuel Gas Co.|
|Architect||Carmina Wood Morris, PC|
|Renovating firm||Hamister Group, Inc.|
|Main contractor||R&P Oakhill|
|Awards and prizes||Excellence in Historic Preservation, Preservation League of New York State|
|Number of rooms||124|
|Number of restaurants||1|
|Location||New York City, New York|
|Architect||Emery Roth & Sons|
|NRHP Reference #||12000012|
|Added to NRHP||February 2, 2012|
10 Lafayette Square, also known as the Tishman building, is a high-rise office tower located in Lafayette Square in Buffalo, New York. Completed in 1959, it is the thirteenth-tallest building in Buffalo, standing at 263 feet (80 m) and 20 stories tall. The building is located adjacent to the Rand Building and built in the International Style. The structural frames for the building are not steel, but concrete beams and columns. The building architects were Emery Roth & Sons of New York city.
For 81 years (1876-1957), the six-story, cast iron, Buffalo German Insurance Company Building (a Victorian Italianate architecture office was built by Richard A. Waite) existed on current land site prior to the Tishman Building.
In May 2011, the Amherst-based Hamister Group purchased the Tishman building. Shortly after, they announced $41 million mixed use plans for the building, including a 123-room Hilton Garden Inn, two floors of apartments, and three floors of office space.
- "Tishman Building at 10 Lafayette in Buffalo to be honored". readMedia. 27 April 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 4/16/12 through 4/20/12. National Park Service. 2012-04-27.
- "10 Lafayette Square". wnyheritagepress.org. 2012. Retrieved May 9, 2012.
- "Cultural Resource Information System (CRIS)" (Searchable database). New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2016-05-01. Note: This includes Kerry L. Traynor (June 2011). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Tishman Building" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-05-01. and Accompanying nine photographs
- "Vertical Mixed-Use Good Fit for Tishman Building". buffalorising.com. March 20, 2012. Retrieved May 9, 2012.