From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1334 by topic|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1334 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1334.|
- July 18 – The bishop of Florence blesses the first foundational stone laid for the new campanile (bell tower) of the Florence Cathedral (the tower was designed by the artist Giotto di Bondone).
- December 30 – Pope Benedict XII succeeds Pope John XXII, as the 197th pope.
- The first recorded outbreak of the Black Death occurs in the Chinese province of Hubei.
- Autumn – Battle of Adramyttion: A Christian league defeats the fleet of the Turkish Beylik of Karasi.
- January 4 – Amadeus VI of Savoy (d. 1383)
- January 13 – King Henry II of Castile (d. 1379)
- May 25 – Emperor Sukō (d. 1398)
- August 30 – King Pedro of Castile (d. 1369)
- date unknown
- January 17 – John of Brittany, Earl of Richmond (b. c. 1266)
- December 4 – Pope John XXII (b. 1249)
- date unknown – Sheikh Safi-ad-din Ardabili of Persia (b. 1251)
- Isabella de Vesci, politically active French noblewoman (b. 1260s)