1st Mechanised Brigade (France)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (December 2012) (|
|1re Brigade Mécanisée|
Insignia of the 1st Mechanised Brigade
|Active||1999 – 2015|
|Motto(s)||Nomine et virtute prima ("First in name and in spirit")|
The 1st Mechanised Brigade (French: 1re Brigade Mécanisée, 1re BM) was a mechanised unit of the French Army. The brigade is heir to the honours and traditions of the 1st Armored Division, created during World War II.
The 1st Armoured Division was dissolved with the reorganisation of the French Army in 1999, and the dissolution of the French Forces in Germany. The division’s honours and traditions are carried on with the formation of the 1st Mechanised Brigade in Châlons-en-Champagne. The brigade took part in the Operation Trident in Kosovo in 1999.
The 1st Mechanised Brigade was dissolved on July 21, 2015.
The 1st Division (1re DIV) was recreated in 2016.
The brigade consists of around 5700 personnel in 6 regiments and 3 brigade units.
- 1er Régiment de Spahis – wheeled armored regiment in Valence with AMX 10 RC and ERC 90
- 1er Régiment de Tirailleurs (1er RTir) – infantry regiment in Epinal with VBCI
- 1er Régiment d'Artillerie de Marine (1er RAMa) – self-propelled marine artillery regiment in Laon with 12x CAESAR self-propelled howitzers and 16x 120mm RTF1 mortars
- 402e Régiment d'artillerie (402e RA) – artillery regiment in Châlons-en-Champagne
- 3e Régiment du Génie (3e RG) – engineer regiment in Charleville-Mézières
- 1re Compagnie de Commandement et de Transmissions (1re CCT) – command and signals company in Châlons-en-Champagne with VAB
- Escadron d'éclairage et d'investigation – brigade reconnaissance squadron
- Batterie de renseignement brigade
- Official site (French) – 1er BM