From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (August 2015) (|
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2030s 2040s 2050s – 2060s – 2070s 2080s 2090s|
|Years:||2060 2061 2062 – 2063 – 2064 2065 2066|
|2063 by topic:|
|Architecture – Comics – Film – Home video – Literature (Poetry) – Music (Country, Metal, UK) – Radio – Television – Video gaming|
|Elections – Int'l leaders – State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Science and technology|
|Archaeology – Aviation – Birding/Ornithology – Meteorology – Palaeontology – Rail transport – Spaceflight|
|Association football (soccer) – Athletics (track and field) – Baseball – Basketball – Boxing – Cricket – Golf – Horse racing – Ice hockey – Motorsport – Road cycling – Rugby league – Rugby union – Tennis|
|Afghanistan – Algeria – Antarctica – Argentina – Armenia – Australia – Austria – Azerbaijan – Bangladesh – Belgium – Brazil – Canada – Chile – China – Costa Rica – Croatia – Cuba – Denmark – El Salvador – Egypt – Estonia – Ethiopia – European Union – Finland – France – Georgia – Germany – Ghana – Greece – Hungary – Iceland – India – Indonesia – Iraq – Iran – Ireland – Israel – Italy – Japan – Kenya – Latvia – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Malaysia – Mexico – Moldova – Netherlands – New Zealand – Norway – Pakistan – Palestinian territories – Philippines – Poland – Romania – Russia – Rwanda – Serbia – Singapore – South Africa – South Korea – Spain – Sri Lanka – Sweden – Thailand – Turkey – United Arab Emirates – United Kingdom – United States – Vietnam|
|Awards – Law – Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Works and introductions categories|
|Works – Introductions
Works entering the public domain
|Ab urbe condita||2816|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||壬午年 (Water Horse)
4759 or 4699
— to —
癸未年 (Water Goat)
4760 or 4700
|- Vikram Samvat||2119–2120|
|- Shaka Samvat||1984–1985|
|- Kali Yuga||5163–5164|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 75
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 152
|Thai solar calendar||2606|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2063.|
2063 (MMLXIII) will be a common year starting on Monday (dominical letter G) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2063rd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 63rd year of the 3rd millennium, the 63rd year of the 21st century, and the 4th year of the 2060s decade.
- In Star Trek chronology, the starship USS Enterprise accidentally travels a little over 300 years into the past to April 4, 2063, while in pursuit of the Borg Queen spaceship. The crew of the Enterprise visit the US state of Montana on Earth to witness the historical events of the next day on April 5.
- In Star Trek chronology, Zefram Cochrane makes Earth's first warp speed flight on April 5. That night, Vulcan scientists, having discovered the warp signature from Cochrane's ship, make first contact with Earth. Most of the film Star Trek: First Contact is set in 2063 and the 2370s.
- The events of the CD-i video game Burn:Cycle take place on July 25 and July 26 of 2063. Sol cutter a Computer Hacker and professional Data thief using a kind of Brain–computer interface known as a "Neural interface", gets infected with a Computer virus that will kill him in 2 hours unless the game player can prevent it. If the game player succeeds the virus gets deactivated and Sol Cutter's mind then goes into a woman's body and survives his old body being destroyed, on the following morning of July 26.
- In the TV series, Space: Above and Beyond chronology, interstellar Chig war begins following the destruction of the Earth Vesta and Tellus colonies in 2063.
- In the TV series, Futurama episode "Crimes of the Hot", scientists began to drop a massive sized block of ice in the ocean to combat global warming every now and then until 3002, when Earth's orbit was moved, thus cooling the atmosphere dramatically.