From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"3001" redirects here. For other uses, see 3001 (disambiguation).
"3005" redirects here. For the song, see 3005 (song).
"3008" redirects here. For the car, see Peugeot 3008.
"3400s" redirects here. For the 3400S automobile, see Ruf 3400S.
"3688" redirects here. For the Singaporean film, see 3688 (film).
- Global sea levels could rise by 6.8 metres (22 ft) by the 31st century under a high emissions scenario.
- 3015: A camera placed by Jonathon Keats will finish its exposure time after its placement at the ASU Art Museum in Tempe, Arizona, in 2015.
- 3016: According to Stephen Hawking, humanity may be doomed by this time due to climate change, nuclear war, and/or artificial intelligence unless space colonization is achieved.
- 3117: Minimum time by which, according to physicist Andrew Kennedy, humanity can expect to have reached 'Barnard's Star', assuming an annual economic growth rate (and corresponding increase in power output) of 1.4% from 2007.
- 3183: The time pyramid, a public art work at Wemding, Germany, is scheduled for completion.
- 3500: Re-inception of a period of cyclical polar glaciation if atmospheric CO2 concentrations did not exceed a low 240 parts per million by volume (ppmv), however currently exceeding 390. This date would be greatly prolonged even if restored to a pre-industrial 280.
- c.3000: due to the precession of the equinoxes, γ Cephei will become the northern pole star until c.5200 when this will be ι Cephei.
- December 18, 3089: First transit of Venus which is not part of a pair since November 23, 1396.
- December 20, 3332: transit of Venus.
- 3412: Expected return of Comet McNaught–Russell.
- 3711/12: multi-triple conjunction between Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
- The expected return of Comet Donati.
Science fiction and astrology
- The prophecies of Nostradamus cover events from 1555 to 3797.
Main article: 4th millennium in fiction
- "Irreversible Warming Will Cause Sea Levels to Rise for Thousands of Years to Come, New Research Shows". Science Daily.
- "This Camera Will Capture a 1,000-Year Exposure That Ends in 3015 for History's Slowest Photo". PetaPixel. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- Michael Harthorne (November 18, 2016). "Stephen Hawking says Earth may be doomed in 1,000 years". Fox News. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Kennedy, Andrew (July 2006). "Interstellar Travel: The Wait Calculation and the Incentive Trap of Progress". Journal of the British Interplanetary Society (JBIS). 59 (7): 239–246.
- Conception Official Zeitpyramide website, accessed: 14 December 2010
- Tzedakis, P.C., J. E. T. Channell, D. A. Hodell, H. F. Kleiven, L. C. Skinner (2012). "Determining the natural length of the current interglacial". Nature Geoscience. 5 (2): 138–141. doi:10.1038/ngeo1358.