From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 994. For the number, see 994 (number).
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||960s 970s 980s – 990s – 1000s 1010s 1020s|
|Years:||991 992 993 – 994 – 995 996 997|
|994 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1747|
|Chinese calendar||癸巳年 (Water Snake)
3690 or 3630
— to —
甲午年 (Wood Horse)
3691 or 3631
|- Vikram Samvat||1050–1051|
|- Shaka Samvat||915–916|
|- Kali Yuga||4094–4095|
|Japanese calendar||Shōryaku 5
|Minguo calendar||918 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1305/1306 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1536–1537|
- Sweyn Forkbeard marries Sigrid the Haughty.
- Otto III reaches his majority and begins to rule Germany in his own right.
- Aethelred II pays £16,000 of Danegeld to Olaf Trygvasson.
- An increase in carbon-14 concentration recorded in tree rings suggests that a strong solar storm may have hit the Earth in either 993 or 994.
- November 7 – Ibn Hazm, Arab philosopher (d. 1069)
- Simeon, first Norman abbot of Ely Abbey
- Imam Bayhaqi Eminent Scholar of Islamic Faith
- Disney's animated series Gargoyles took place in 994 throughout most of the first episode, as well as a few other episodes later.