From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Crypt of Civilization, a time capsule located at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, Georgia, is scheduled to be unsealed on May 28, 8113.
All these dates are in a uniform time scale such as Terrestrial Time. When converted to our ordinary solar time or Universal Time, which is decidedly non-uniform, via ΔT, the dates would be about one day earlier. Because of this difference, these dates have no anniversary relation to historical dates and should not be linked to them. Furthermore, they are only astronomical dates, so they are given in the astronomical format of Year Month Day, which allows them to be ordered.
- 8007 October 5: Venus occults Aldebaran.
- 8018 December 30: Venus occults Regulus.
- 8059 July 20: Simultaneous annular solar eclipse and transit of Mercury.
- 8136 September 6: Mercury occults Aldebaran.
- 8183 October 26: Mercury occults Regulus.
- 8192 October 3: Venus occults Regulus.
- 8362 December 7: Mercury occults Regulus.
- 8444 October 18: Mars occults Regulus.
- 8492 October 30: Mercury occults Regulus.
- 8674 February 27: Jupiter occults Saturn.
- 8775 October 27: Mars occults Regulus.
- 8881 October 14: Venus occults Regulus.
- 8971 September 23: Mercury occults Aldebaran.
- The events of Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2, and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne take place.
- In the backstory of the science fiction MMORPG EVE Online the EVE Gate, a natural wormhole leading to New Eden collapses in 8061 AD.
- The events of Gradius V take place in 8010.
- The 2006 video game Lost Planet: Extreme Condition takes place in the year 8012.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force states that in the year 8008, the world will be in total darkness inhabited by irradiated cockroaches.
- In the song "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans, the songwriter expresses wonder as to whether, by the year 8510, God will be pleased with man, or destroy all of creation and start over.