From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aether, æther or ether may refer to:
|Look up aether or ether in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Metaphysics and mythology
- Aether (classical element), the material supposed to fill the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere
- Aether (mythology), the personification of the "upper sky", space and heaven, in Greek mythology
Science and engineering
- Aether theories in alchemy, natural philosophy, and early modern physics that suppose a "fifth element"
- Luminiferous aether, in late nineteenth century physics considered to be the medium through which light propagates
- Ether, a class of chemical compounds, or specifically:
- Diethyl ether, which has the common name "ether"
- Ether, the value token in the blockchain platform Ethereum
- AETHER, an atmospheric radiative transfer algorithm
Games and films
- Aether (video game), a 2008 puzzle game
- Aether, a fictional planet, main setting for the 2004 video game Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Aether, a gatherable object in Aion
- Aether, a weapon in the film Thor: The Dark World
- Aether, a realm in Call of Duty: Zombies
- Ether (band), Welsh rock band (1996–1999)
- Ether, US-based Australian rock group better known as Memento, disbanded 2007
- Æther Shanties, a 2009 album by Seattle Steampunk band Abney Park
- Aether (album),a 2001 album by Australian jazz trio The Necks
- Ether (Babble album), 1996
- Ether (B.o.B album), 2017
- Ether (Fischer-Z album), 2008
- "Ether", a 2001 song by American rapper Nas
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Aether.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.