Ahmad Fakri Saarani
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Full name||Ahmad Fakri Saarani|
|Date of birth||8 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Pengkalan Chepa, Kelantan,|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Striker, Right Winger|
|Felda United FC
(Loan from Kedah FA)
|2006||Perak President Cup|
|2016||→ Felda United FC (loan)||4||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 November 2016.
Born in Pengkalan Chepa but bred in Ipoh, Fakri made his senior debut for Perak in the Malaysia Super League match against Negeri Sembilan on 24 March 2007. He scored a hat-trick and had an assist in this game, which was won by Perak 5–1.
He was promoted to Perak first team from President's Cup team (the reserve team) as the senior team striker, R. Surendran was with the Malaysia senior on a playing tour of Sri Lanka. Perak coach Steve Darby talked about his decision to give Fakri his debut:
“Fakri has been training with the senior team for the past two months. And I think the time is right for him to come into the picture. This is the right time to blood him although many may question my decision. It does not matter if we are playing at home. The fans may not like it if he makes mistakes but I have faith in the youngster. Fakri seems to handle pressure well and is confident of his game. He played for the national Under-19 team in a tournament in Brunei recently. I try to bring in the young players at the proper time. This is Fakri's chance to prove his worth under my rotation system. I have been losing players to the national squads at all levels and we have to learn to cope without them.” 
Fakri had returned to Malaysia and joined 2012 treble winner, Kelantan FA after his contract with Atlético S.C. ended. On 19 April 2013, Fakri scored his first league goal for the team in 1–2 defeat to PKNS FC. On 31 August 2013, he scored his first Malaysia Cup goal for Kelantan in 1–2 defeat to Negeri Sembilan. Fakri played as a substitute in the 2013 Malaysia Cup final against Pahang FA.
Malaysia under-20 national team
He is former Malaysia Under-20 member squad. He has participate in ASEAN Football Federation Youth Championship 2006 and ASEAN Football Federation Youth Championship 2007. He also play in 2007 Hassanal Bolkiah Trophy. In 2008, Ahmad Fakri was seconded to Harimau Muda, a Malaysian Premier League team made up of members of the Malaysian Under-20 national side.
Malaysia senior national team
2010 AFF Suzuki Cup
In November 2010, Malaysia coach, K. Rajagobal called up Fakri for the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup, but he was later ruled up by injury during the 2010 Asian Games. He was later replaced by Mohd Ashaari Shamsuddin.
2012 AFF Suzuki Cup
|1||16 October 2012||Mong Kok, Hong Kong||Hong Kong||6||6–0 (W)||Friendly|
|2||5 March 2014||Tahnoun bin Mohamammed Stadium Al Ain , UAE||Yemen||1||1-2 (W)||2015 Asian Cup Qualifiers|
Perak President Cup Team
- "Perak coach Darby to unleash teen striker Fakri against Negri". The Star. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 27 March 2007.
- "Ahmad Fakri sah wakili kelab divisyen tiga Portugal – Sukan". Sinar Harian. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Fakri Saarani set to sign for Portuguese side Atletico S.C". Goal.com. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Ahmad out to prove Malaysians can perform in Europe (Malay)". Sinar Harian. 8 December 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- "Fakri Saarani signs with Kelantan FA, Dimitri Petratos to return for AFC Cup". Goal.com. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Dickson and Fakri to play for Kelantan in MSL". Goal.com. 13 April 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fakri Saarani.|