Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (March 2011) (|
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Affiliations||Uttar Pradesh Technical University, AICTE|
The college was founded in 1998 and is approved by AICTE. The college offers Bachelor of Technology courses in seven disciplines. At the post-graduate level, the college offers MCA and Master of Technology courses in six engineering disciplines.
The college has consistently maintained excellent academic results and placements. It is the first and only college in UP to receive the Academic Excellence Award for the Best Engineering College in UPTU from His Excellency, the Governor of UP for two successive years. The college is also the recipient of the CMAI Award for Best Industry Interface from the Minister of Science and Technology, UP Government. The college is accredited by NAAC. Dr RK Agrawal, an alumunus of IISc Bangalore, has been the director of the college since 2004.
At the undergraduate level, the college offers a Bachelor of Technology with a total intake of 960 students. Courses are offered in the following streams:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
At the graduate level, a Master of Technology course with an intake of 114 students is offered as well as a Master of Computer Applications course with an intake of 120 students. The Master of Technology course offers the following streams:
- Automation & Robotics
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Power and Energy Systems
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- VLSI Design
Industry academia interface and Centres of Excellence
The college has collaborated with various eminent multinational industries to establish Centres of Excellence in various domains. These centres not only provide industry-relevant training to students but also promote applied research and industrial consultancy. The college also provides co-curricular training in various fields to augment the structured course work and improve employability of its students. Some of the centres and co-curricular programmes are:
- Industrial Robotics Training Centre established in collaboration with KUKA Robotics
- Centre of Competence in Automation Technologies established in collaboration with Bosch Rexroth AG, Germany
- Industrial Pneumatics Knowledge Centre set up jointly with Janatics India Pvt. Ltd.
- LabVIEW Academy established jointly with National Instruments, India
- PLM-Centre of Excellence, set up jointly with SIEMENS Industry Software Ltd.
- AIA-Competency Development Centre under the Campus Connect Initiative of Automation Industry Association of India (AIA)
- Research and Industrial Consultancy Centre (RICC)
- Software Development Centre (SDC)
- Microsoft IT Academy
- Networking Academy
- Oracle Workforce Development Program (WDP) Academy
- Big Data Centre of Excellence
- School of Software Technology
- Library equipped with an invaluable collection of over 7,500 titles and 76,000 volumes of text and reference books, reputed e-journals and multi-media resources
- Departmental and hostel libraries
- State-of-the-art computing facilities networked through broadband for Internet access and Wi-Fi for 24 x 7 with 150 Mbps fiber optic connectivity
- Separate hostels for boys and girls providing well furnished accommodation for 1500 students; each hostel having its own mess and dining hall, gymnasium, TV room, library, playgrounds, recreation room, adequate power backup, solar water heating system, round-the-clock security and full-time resident wardens
- Well equipped departmental laboratories with the latest equipment as per the requirements of the curriculum
- Separate canteen in college and each hostel
- Utility shop in each hostel
- Stationery shop
- ATM on campus
- Healthcare facilities including free OPD at RSG Indo German Hospital, free medical check-up, ambulance facility and Group Mediclaim and Group Accidental Policy for all students
The college publishes the bi-annual AKGEC International Journal of Technology to provide a forum for publishing new findings in engineering and technology. Additionally, each department publishes its own departmental journal with articles contributed by faculty and students.
Awards and incentives
Various awards at different stages have been instated in order to motivate students towards better performance in academics. The merit awards include awards for achieving university positions, positions at college level and positions in internal examinations. There are also awards for good attendance.
Beyond the curriculum
- 100 hours mandatory Personality Development Programme for BTech II year and MCA I year students
- Guest lectures delivered by eminent personnel from the industry
- Seminars, workshops and national and international conferences
- Infosys Campus Connect programme, an industry-academia partnership of Infosys
Extra and co-curricular activities
- Tech Trishna, the inter college technical fest jointly organized by the departmental societies
- Vibrations, the annual cultural fest
- Saksham, the annual inter department sports meet
- All India Ajay Kumar Garg Memorial Table Tennis Tournament in association with Ghaziabad District Table Tennis Association
- SCROLLS, an annual paper presentation event, in association with Ghaziabad Management Association (GMA)
- Festivals and days of national importance
The activities are organized through the joint efforts of the various technical, literary and cultural societies of the college.
The annual tech fest at akgec is known as techtrishna.Zombotron (Robotic Events), Alter Ego (LAN Gaming Events), Forward Slash (Online Events), Cross Examine (Quizzing Events), Physics (Technical Implementation), Beat The Byte (Coding Events), The Yellow Pages (Managerial Events) and Divergent Spectrum (Miscellaneous Events).Bob The Builder (Junkyard Wars), Rise of Nations (The ultimate Trade-off), B.Tech. Trolled (4 Years Transform) and Robo Festinate (RoboRace) were the events which stole the show and attracted a large number of students. Besides these, 4 online events attracted participation from all over India, out of which Photo Web and Route D Moksha emerged to be the most popular.
his three-day fun-filled bonanza had as many as 30 events (28 competitive events and 2 non competitive events) with major attractions like sketching, face-painting, T-shirt painting, singing, dancing, miming, debating, nukkad natak, Tattoo making etc carrying attractive prize money.The event Flash Mob was a huge success and attracted a huge crowd to tap their feet. The event Nukkad Natak(Street Plays) with social massage like women empowerment and with political satire on corruption were highly appreciated and won huge applauses.Student Convenors along with the student co-ordinators from the college societies GOONJ, TAAL EUPHONY, SUR, ZEST, FOOTPRINTS, RENAISSANCE & PARIVRIDHI had worked hard towards conduct of this annual festival;
- Recipient of Academic Excellence Trophy for "Best Engineering college in UPTU" for two Successive Years from H.E., The Governor of UP.
- The only Institution in U.P. to have received approval from DST, Government of India, for establishment of a Centre of Relevance and Excellence (CORE) in the field of Industrial Automation and Robotics.
- The only institution to have the following state-of-the-art Centres of Excellence in collaboration with eminent multinational companies to provide industry relevant training and project exposure
- Industrial Robotics Training Centre with Kuka Robotics
- Automation Technology Centre with Bosch Rexroth
- LabVIEWAcademy with National Instruments
- PLM Centre with Siemens
- Integrated Automation Centre with AIA
- Pneumatic Knowledge Centre with Janatics