Aledo Independent School District
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Aledo Independent School District|
|1008 Bailey Ranch Road
ESC Region 11[page needed]
|Type||Independent school district|
|"A Past to Remember; A Future to Mold"|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. Derek Citty[page needed]|
|Students and staff|
|Students||5,200 (2015-16)[page needed]|
|Teachers||302.66 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||15.2 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 5A Football & Basketball|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Aledo Independent School District is a public school district based in Aledo, Texas (USA). Located in southeastern Parker County, a small portion of the district extends into western Tarrant County. In addition to Aledo, the district also serves the towns of Annetta and Annetta South as well as portions of Annetta North, Cresson, Hudson Oaks, and Willow Park.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $2,578,963,000.[page needed] The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.026 per $100 of appraised valuation.[page needed]
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in eight schools.[page needed]
- High schools
- Aledo High School (Grades 10-12)
- Don R Daniel Ninth Grade Campus (Grade 9)
- Middle schools
- Aledo Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- Intermediate schools
- McAnally Intermediate School (Grades 5-6)
- Elementary schools
- Coder Elementary School (Grades PK-4)
- McCall Elementary School (Grades K-4)
- Stuard Elementary School (Grades K-4)
- Vandagriff Elementary School (Grades K-4)
- Elementary #5 (as yet unanamed)
Aledo High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball. For the 2015 through 2017 school years, Aledo High School will play football in UIL Class 5A.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Aledo ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Aledo High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.