From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up aleph in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Aleph is the first letter of many Semitic abjads (alphabets).
Aleph or Alef may also refer to:
Science and Technology
- Aleph, an advanced system for inductive logic programming
- ALEPH experiment (Apparatus for LEP Physics at CERN), one of the four detectors of the Large Electron-Positron Collider (LEP) at CERN
- Alef (programming language), the concurrent programming language used in early editions of Plan 9
- Aleph kernel, an operating system kernel, notable primarily for being one of the steps in the evolution of the Mach kernel
- Aleph number, a sequence of cardinal numbers used to represent the cardinality (or size) of infinite sets.
- Aleph (novel), a novel by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho
- The Aleph (short story collection), a short story collection by Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges
- "The Aleph (short story)", a story contained in the collection
- Aleph, a character in the Warren Ellis comic series Global Frequency
- Aleph, a plot element in the novel Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson
- Aleph (band), a 1980s Italo disco band
- Aleph, a 2013 album by Gesaffelstein
- "The Aleph", a song by Destroy the Runner on the album Saints
- Masada: Alef the first album by John Zorn's Masada
- "Aleph", a song by Anahí
- Aleph (pianist), a Lebanese pianist renowned in the Middle East and Europe
- Aleph Institute, a Jewish humanitarian organization for Jewish members of the US Armed forces and Jewish prison inmates
- ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal
- Aleph Zadik Aleph, the men's order of the B'nai B'rith Youth Organization (BBYO)
- Aleph, a religious sect in Japan formerly known as Aum Shinrikyo
- Aleph, a shorthand designation for Codex Sinaiticus, a 4th-century manuscript of the Bible
- Aleph Sailing Team, a French America's Cup syndicate.
- Aleph (film), a silent film by Wallace Berman
- Aleph One (game engine), an ongoing project related to the computer game series Marathon
- Mount Aleph, a location in the video game Golden Sun
- Aleph (psychedelic), a psychoactive drug
- Aleph, Integrated Library System from Ex Libris Group
- Aleph (magazine), a literary magazine in Albania
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Aleph.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.