All Around Me
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article possibly contains inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (August 2009) (|
|"All Around Me"|
|Single by Flyleaf|
|from the album Flyleaf|
|Released||April 23, 2007|
|Recorded||Seattle, Washington, October 2005|
|Genre||Post-grunge, alternative metal|
|Writer(s)||Sameer Bhattacharya, James Culpepper, Jared Hartmann, Pat Seals, Lacey Sturm|
|Flyleaf singles chronology|
"All Around Me" is a song performed by American band Flyleaf from their self-titled debut album, Flyleaf (2005). It was released as the third single on April 23, 2007. It is the band's highest-charting and only single to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 and their most successful single to date.
Eventually, it became a mainstream and modern rock hit in the United States, crossing over to the pop charts, where it reached No. 40 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song took a large leap into the top 40 channels, receiving more than 20 new stations in just a single day. The song was certified Platinum in the U.S. on January 22, 2010, selling over 1,000,000 copies.
The music video for the song was directed by Paul Fedor. In it, the band is dressed in white except lead singer Lacey Mosley, who is wearing a grey dress. The walls have red, yellow, blue, green, and black paint running down them and later in the video the paint is on the band.
The video debuted on Fuse TV's Oven Fresh on June 25, 2007 and on Yahoo! Music on June 28, 2007.
|1.||"All Around Me"||3:18|
|2.||"All Around Me" (acoustic)||3:20|
|3.||"Do You Hear What I Hear"||2:58|
Flyleaf has performed "All Around Me" on FUSE's Daily Download and MTV.COM Live. It is usually played during their sets before "I'm So Sick".
Beginning its run on the Mainstream Rock Chart, it peaked at No. 20 in August 2007, while reaching No. 6 on the Modern Rock chart in October 2007. In June 2008, it reached the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the top 20 on the Pop Songs.
|U.S. Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||20|
|U.S. Billboard Alternative Songs||6|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||40|
|U.S. Billboard Pop Songs||12|
|U.S. Billboard Adult Pop Songs||23|
|Venezuela Pop Rock (Record Report)||2|
2009 BMI Pop Award Winning Song
Skillet performed a live acoustic cover of "All Around Me" on November 20, 2009 in Dallas, Texas.
- "American certifications – Flyleaf – All Around Me". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Billboard.com - Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks - Chart Listing For The Week Of Aug 18, 2007[dead link]
- Billboard.com - Hot Modern Rock Tracks - Chart Listing For The Week Of Oct 6, 2007 Archived November 10, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Billboard.com - Top 40 Mainstream - Chart Listing For The Week Of Jun 14, 2008 Archived November 10, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Billboard.com - Adult Top 40 Tracks - Chart Listing For The Week Of Jun 28, 2008 Archived November 9, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Pop Rock" (in Spanish). Record Report. 2008-02-02. Archived from the original on 2008-02-13.
- "Recording Industry Association of America". RIAA. Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- "2009 BMI Pop Awards Award Winning Songs | Press". BMI.com. May 19, 2009. Retrieved August 13, 2011.