From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Allan B. Lopez is a writer from the Philippines. He graduated from the University of the Philippines in Diliman, with a BA in Speech Communication. A fellow for drama in the 38th and the 45th UP National Writers Workshop, Lopez has won a number of awards for his dramatic work, and his plays have been staged in various venues and laboratory festivals (Cultural Center of the Philippines, UP, DLSU, CSB, UST, among others).
His fiction, non-fiction and poetry in both English and Filipino have been published in local newspapers and magazines like The Philippine Star, The Philippine Graphic and Liwayway Magazine.
His play “Anatomiya ng Pag-Ibig” appears in the anthology Ang Aklat Likhaan ng Dula 1997-2003 edited by Rene Villanueva & Victor Emmanuel Carmelo Nadera, Jr. A personal anthology of his works for the stage is forthcoming.
- The Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature unofficial website ( (Archived 2009-10-25)
- "Writers.net profile"
- The Writersbloc - The Writersbloc, Inc. homepage
- Virgin Labfest 3 on WikiPilipinas
- Lab Results: Positive by Gibbs Cadiz
- UP ICW Chooses 12 Writing Fellows
- “New” UP National Writers’ Workshop raises the bar
- 64th Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature
- "How checking into hotels helped Allan Lopez win awards". Ang, Walter.