From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andre Birleanu is a Russian-Romanian male supermodel featured in numerous international publications  and advertising campaigns, such as the recent Dolce&Gabbana campaign with his model daughter Azzura Birleanu, model wife Eloisa Birleanu and actress Monica Bellucci. He is also known for his appearance on the Vh1 and MTV television show America's Most Smartest Model being named by Vh1 Channel as "one of the hottest men on television". Andre Birleanu is also a executive producer who created some of the best international sold-out fashion covers and editorials for publications like Vogue, Elle, GQ, Schön, L'Officiel, Hunger, Número , Harper's Bazaar , just to name a few .
Birleanu was born of Romanian and Russian parents. He is the only child of Vladimir Birleanu, a Russian diplomat, and Carmen Bîrleanu, a Romanian diplomat. Birleanu was born in the Soviet Union, Moscow, but soon after moved and mainly was raised by his father with whom he travelled most of his life, as he was a diplomat under the soviet diplomatic corp. His father is a doctor and professor in International Criminal Law and his mother, who is deceased, worked for the United Nations in New York, USA. Birleanu arrived in New York in 1996, invited by his mother in search of a new life and education. He attended John Jay Criminal Justice Academy. He is fluent in English, Romanian, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and still struggling with his native Russian as depicted on America's Most Smartest Model.
While attending John Jay Criminal Justice Academy in New York, he was approached by the legendary team of Boss Models which created the first male supermodel; at the same time Karen Lee head of International Scouting at Elite Models New York was pulling him towards John Casablanca's empire, in the end, David Bosman, John Babin and Calvin French end up being his closest thing to family for many years . Was there, where he learned the true craft of the fashion business and where he developed this "RAW GLAM" he is known for.
Mr. Birleanu worked for numerous international fashion brands and publications, Mr. David Bosman, his long time agent and founder of Boss Models once said : "send Andre to all castings, no one knows what he'll come back with" and with that in mind Andre Birleanu worked for Dolce Gabbana, Hamilton Watches, MTV, Speedo, Esquire, AndMen, Source, Complex, Número Homme, GQ, Details, Men's Health, L'Officiel, PF Fliers, Marc Ecko, Rocawear, Converse, Fila, Calvin Klein, Sean John, 2xist, Big Black Book, worked with Nathaniel Goldberg, Steven Klein, Steven Meisel, Carlos Serrao, Zach Gold, Nigel Barker, Bruce Weber, Mathias Vriens, Calvin French, Domenico Dolce. Andre Birleanu has been represented by fashion agencies such as DNA Models, Next Models, Q Management, Boss Models, Karin Models , L'Agence Models , Mc2 Management , Metropolitan, Wilhelmina, Major Models and for commercial work by Innovative Artists in Hollywood.
In October 2007, he was charged with sexual misconduct. Almost a year later the district attorney's office in the Criminal Court of Manhattan dropped the charges on both cases. Birleanu has maintained his innocence the entire time and promised to counter prosecute for slander and false charges but, in the end he was happy that was over.
- "VH1's 30 Hottest Stars – The Gentlemen | VH1 Blog". Blog.vh1.com. May 26, 2008. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- Page 4 of 4 (April 24, 2008). "Page 4: The 15 Meanest Reality TV Villains – ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- Andreea Marinescu (February 16, 2010). "Un român, noul Marlon Brando". Evenimentul Zilei (in Romanian). Archived from the original on 3 April 2010. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- Andre Bîrleanu la Poveştiri de noapte, acasatv.ro, 2010-03-18 (in Romanian).
- Biography Andre Birleanu Official website. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- "Andre Birleanu gossip, news, photos & videos". Celebrifi.com. July 4, 2010. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- John Kubicek (November 18, 2007). "America's Most Smartest Model: Episode 7 "Many Happy Returns?" Recap". buddytv.com. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- "Exclusive Interview with Andre Birleanu, Part 1". Buddytv.com. July 25, 2008. Retrieved September 11, 2010.