From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact Crossover SUV|
The BMW X1 is a compact luxury crossover SUV manufactured and marketed worldwide by BMW since 2009. The first generation model, based on the BMW 3-Series, was available with rear-wheel-drive (sDrive) and all-wheel-drive (xDrive) configurations. The second generation, based on BMW's compact UKL platform, is available with front-wheel-drive (sDrive) and all-wheel-drive (xDrive).
- 1 First generation (E84; 2009–2015)
- 1.1 BMW Concept X1 (2008)
- 1.2 Initial release
- 1.3 2011 update
- 1.4 2012 update
- 1.5 2014 update
- 1.6 Specifications
- 1.7 Production and sales
- 2 Second generation (F48; 2015–current)
- 3 References
- 4 External links
First generation (E84; 2009–2015)
|Model years||2010–2015 (Europe)
China: Shenyang (BMW Brilliance)
India: Chennai, Tamil Nadu (BMW India)
Indonesia : Sunter, Jakarta
Mexico: Toluca (BMW Mexico)
Russia: Kaliningrad (Avtotor)
|Designer||Richard Kim (2006)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Layout||Front-engine, rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive|
|Related||BMW 3 Series
|Engine||2.0L 143 hp (107 kW) I4
2.0L 170 hp (127 kW) I4
2.0L 241 hp (180 kW) turbo I4
3.0L 258 hp (192 kW) I6
3.0L 300 hp (224 kW) turbo I6
2.0L 143 hp (107 kW) Diesel I4
2.0L 177 hp (132 kW) Diesel I4
2.0L 184 hp (137 kW) Diesel I4
2.0L 204 hp (152 kW) Diesel I4
2.0L 218 hp (163 kW) Twin-Turbo Diesel I4
8-speed ZF 8HP automatic
|Wheelbase||2,760 mm (108.7 in)|
|Length||4,457 mm (175.5 in)|
|Width||1,789 mm (70.4 in)|
|Height||1,535 mm (60.4 in)|
|Curb weight||1,500 kg (3,307 lb)|
BMW Concept X1 (2008)
X1 production followed the concept debut at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. with series manufacture beginning at the BMW Leipzig plant in October 2009 — followed by production in Chennai, India, Shenyang, China, (by BMW-Brilliance Automotive Ltd) and Kaliningrad, Russia (CDK,with local partner Avtotor).
BMW X1 (E84, 2009–2010)
The sDrive18i and xDrive25i were introduced to German market in March 2010.
The X1 offers a 420-litre cargo volume, which can increase to 1350 litres of storage space with the seats folded. For comparison, the 3-Series Touring (E91) has 460 and the X3 (E83) has 480 litres. The backrest in the rear is adjustable in 11 steps and can be divided in the ratio 40:20:40. The vehicle offers adaptive cruise control, seating positions with modestly raised H-point seating (marketed as Semi Command Sitting position) and Performance Control.
X1, X1 sDrive20d EfficientDynamics Edition (2011–2015)
Changes to X1 include optimisation of the suspension technology, DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) on rear-wheel drive diesel models include dry braking and fading compensation functions, sDrive20i, xDrive20i, xDrive28i, xDrive20d include brake stand-by function and a hill-start assistant; BMW Individual roof rail system High Gloss Shadow Line became available as an individual option, BMW ConnectedDrive includes Real-Time Traffic Information function, new insulation technology for reducing engine noise perceptible inside the vehicle for all Diesel engine models, addition of models sDrive20i, xDrive20i, sDrive20d EfficientDynamics Edition, Auto Start Stop function for sDrive20i and xDrive20i, gear-shift point indicator for sDrive20i and xDrive20i with manual transmission, electromechanical power steering on sDrive20i.
X1 sDrive20d EfficientDynamics Edition was unveiled in International Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA 2011).
The vehicles went on sale in autumn of 2011.
The vehicle was unveiled in New York International Auto Show 2012, followed by 21st Auto Mobil International Leipzig 2012.
Early models included sDrive18i, sDrive20i, xDrive20i, xDrive28i, sDrive16d, sDrive18d, xDrive18d, sDrive20d, sDrive20d EfficientDynamics Edition, xDrive20d, xDrive25d.
US models went on sale in September 2012. Early models included sDrive28i, xDrive28i, xDrive35i.
The Indian market is currently getting the sdrive18i (4 cyl petrol), sdrive20d and sdrive20d (highline) (4 cyl diesels). The three variants have an 8-speed automatic transmission. No manual transmission option is available now. Also SDrive 1.6i TwinScroll Turbo is available for some countries sensible against tax in Europa.
In North America, the X1 is BMW's smallest SUV offering. The X1 was also BMW's first SUV to offer rear-wheel drive (RWD) as an option (only on the sDrive28i model).
BMW Concept K2 Powder Ride (2012)
It is a version of BMW X1 with exclusive milled aluminum roof structure, Valencia Orange metallic body colour with distinctive graphic inspired by a limited-edition K2 ski, 8 mm (0.31 in) of extra suspension travel over the standard model, 19-inch light-alloy wheels in Ferric Grey with polished spokes, Ferric Grey trim at front and rear sills and side skirts, dark tinted side windows with matt Black surrounds, matt Black roof rails, two luggage boxes and a ski carrier, skis with fox graphic and a color scheme inspired by wood, brushed aluminum and carbon surfaces, White and Valencia Orange running surfaces; Harman Kardon sound system in the two luggage boxes on the driver's side (2-way 320 watts loudspeakers, Class D amplifier with 2 x 550-watt output, a 500-watt subwoofer, a microphone from AKG), three LED spotlights integrated into the front edge of the roof structure, Black Nappa leather interior upholstery with orange-colored contrast stitching for the seats and door trim, interior trim strips in Fineline Bay wood trim, black floor mats with reflective piping and orange-colored accents.
X1 Powder Ride Edition (2012–)
Based on the BMW Concept K2 Powder Ride and available for X1 models xDrive28i, and xDrive35i, it included xLine equipment (exterior elements in matt Glacier Silver, 18-inch light-alloy wheels and door sill strips, a sports leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons, fabric/leather upholstery for the seats, and trim strips in dark copper), roof rails in Aluminum satinated trim, a storage package, including a front armrest, 460 roof box (including BMW base support), ski and snowboard bag with exclusive design, all-weather foot mats, luggage compartment mat, a choice of 4 body colours (non-metallic Black and Alpine White, Mineral Grey, and Glacier Silver), a special decal on the doors and wheel arches.
X1 Edition Powder Ride (2013–)
Based on the BMW Concept K2 Powder Ride and available for X1 models xDrive20i, xDrive28i, xDrive18d, xDrive20d, and X1 xDrive25d, it included K2 LTD BMW Powder Ride limited edition skis ski developed by K2 Sports, aluminium satin finished roof rails, storage space package, armrest at the front, roof box 460 (including BMW base support), ski and snowboard bag with exclusive design, all-weather foot mats, luggage compartment mat.
The vehicle went on sale in 2013 winter. German models went on sale for 3,450 Euros.
BMW X1 First Responder (2013–)
It is a version of X1 sDrive16d for emergency services.
The vehicle was unveiled in RETTmobil 2013.
As of 2012-06-28, the worldwide sales of BMW X1 exceeded 300,000 units.
The X1 has sold, as of September 2013, approximately 500,000 models worldwide since its launch in late 2009.
Changes to X1 include:
- redesigned air intake vents in the front apron
- 17-inch light-alloy wheels with V-spoke design
- New body colour option (Sparkling Brown metallic)
The vehicle was unveiled in 2014 North American International Auto Show.
The vehicles went on sale in spring of 2014.
X1 fire command vehicle (2014-)
It is a version of X1 xDrive20d for emergency services.
The vehicle was unveiled in RETTmobil 2014.
|sDrive18i||2010–2011||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 (N46B20)||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) @ 6400, 200 N·m (148 lb·ft)@3600|
|sDrive20i||2011–2015||1,997 cc (122 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (N20B20)||184 PS (135 kW; 181 hp) @ 5000-6250, 270 N·m (199 lb·ft) @ 1250-4500|
|xDrive20i||2011–2015||1,997 cc (122 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (N20B20)||184 PS (135 kW; 181 hp) @ 5000-6250, 270 N·m (199 lb·ft) @ 1250-4500|
|xDrive25i||2010–2011||2,996 cc (183 cu in) I6 (N52B30)||218 PS (160 kW; 215 hp) @ 6100, 280 N·m (207 lb·ft) @ 2500-3500|
|xDrive28i (N52)||2009–2011||2,996 cc (183 cu in) I6 (N52B30)||258 PS (190 kW; 254 hp) @ 6600, 310 N·m (229 lb·ft) @ 2600-3000|
|xDrive28i (N20)||2012–2015||1,997 cc (122 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (N20B20)||245 PS (180 kW; 242 hp) @ 5000, 350 N·m (258 lb·ft) @ 1250|
|xDrive28i (N20)||2011–||1,997 cc (122 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (N20B20)||245 PS (180 kW; 242 hp) @ 5000, 350 N·m (258 lb·ft) @ 1250|
|xDrive35i||2012–2015||2,979 cc (182 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30M0)||304 PS (224 kW; 300 hp) @ 5800, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft) @ 1300-5000|
|sDrive16d||2012–||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20)||116 PS (85 kW; 114 hp) @ 4000, 260 N·m (192 lb·ft) @ 1750-3000|
|sDrive18d||2009–||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20)||143 PS (105 kW; 141 hp) @ 4000, 320 N·m (236 lb·ft) @ 1750-2500|
|xDrive18d||2009–||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20)||143 PS (105 kW; 141 hp) @ 4000, 320 N·m (236 lb·ft) @ 1750-2500|
|sDrive20d||2009–||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20)||177 PS (130 kW; 175 hp) @ 4000, 350 N·m (258 lb·ft) @ 1750-3000|
|sDrive20d Efficient Dynamics Edition||2011–||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20)||163 PS (120 kW; 161 hp) @ 4000, 380 N·m (280 lb·ft) @ 1750-2750|
|xDrive20d||2009–||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20)||177 PS (130 kW; 175 hp) @ 4000, 350 N·m (258 lb·ft) @ 1750-3000|
|xDrive23d||2009–2011||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 twin turbo (N47D20)||204 PS (150 kW; 201 hp) @ 4400, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft) @ 2000-2250|
|xDrive25d||2012–||1,995 cc (122 cu in) I4 twin turbo (N47D20)||218 PS (160 kW; 215 hp) @ 4000, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft) @ 1500-2500|
|Moderate overlap frontal offset||Good|
|Small overlap frontal offset||Marginal|
Production and sales
|Calendar year||Total production||US sales|
Second generation (F48; 2015–current)
Born, The Netherlands (VDL Nedcar)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Small Crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door compact wagon|
|Layout||Front-engine, front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive|
|Related||BMW 2 Series Active Tourer
|Engine||1.5 L I3 turbo
2.0 L I4 turbo
2.0 L I4 Diesel turbo
8-speed automatic AWF8F35
|Wheelbase||2670 mm (105.1 in)
X1 Li: 2780 mm (109.4 in)
|Length||4439 mm (174.8 in)
X1 Li: 4565 mm (179.7 in)
|Width||1821 mm (71.7 in)|
|Height||1612 mm (63.5)|
|Curb weight||1660 kg (3660 lb)|
X1 Standard Wheelbase
Changes to X1 include the use of BMW UKL platform, expanded cargo space, a newly designed interior, and a newly redone exterior, increased headroom, new options are included such as Head-Up display, Performance Control, Driving Assistance (including parking), Bi-LED frontlights with adjustable beams for curves.
Early models included xDrive20i, xDrive20i, xDrive25i, sDrive18d, xDrive20d, xDrive25d; followed by sDrive18i and sDrive16d in November 2015. sDrive18i, xDrive18d were added in autumn of 2015.
Taiwan models included sDrive20i, sDrive18d, xDrive25d.
US models went on sale in Fall 2015 as 2016 model year vehicles. Early model included xDrive28i.
Available packages for the X1 include the M Sport Package, Technology Package, Premium Package, Driver Assistance/Drivers Assistance Plus Package, and the Cold Weather Package.
X1 Long Wheelbase (F49, 2016–)
BMW X1 Long Wheelbase (BMW X1长轴距版) is a long wheelbase version of X1 for China market. Changes include a stretched wheel base by 110 mm (4.3 in) and increased overall length by 126 mm (5.0 in).
X1 fire service command vehicle (2016–)
It is a version of X1 xDrive20d with special foiling in the fire service design applied to the body paintwork in Alpine white, a flat roof bar special signalling system, blue front and rear flashers, analogue Teledux-9 radio system, optional 8-speed Steptronic transmission.
The vehicle was unveiled in RETTmobil 2016.
BMW X1 xDrive25Le iPerformance (2016–)
BMW X1 xDrive25Le iPerformance (BMW X1 插电式混合动力) is a version of BMW X1 Long Wheelbase for China market, with engine from sDrive18Li, electric motor at rear axle rated 95 PS (70 kW; 94 bhp) and 165 N·m (122 lb·ft), six-speed integrated manual/automatic gearbox, 10.7 kWh lithium battery, electric cruising range of 60 km (37 mi) and combined cruising range of 630 km (391 mi), double-kidney air inlet grille in blue high-gloss, BMW i logo under the charge port and the C-pillar, door scuff and gear lever emblazoned with marks indicating the use of eDrive technology, optional Cross Country and Sport packages, a choice of 10 body colours, panoramic sunroof, Park Assist, zoned automatic air-conditioner with micro-filter, basic BMW ConnectedDrive services, 360° ELECTRIC programme.
All sDrive models are front-wheel drive, while xDrive models are all-wheel drive. The xDrive25i is known as the xDrive28i in North America.
|sDrive18i||2015–||1,499 cc (91.5 cu in) I3 turbo (B38A15M0)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 bhp)@4400, 220 N·m (162 ft·lb)@1250|
|sDrive18Li||2016–||1,499 cc (91.5 cu in) I3 turbo (B38A15M0)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 bhp)@4400, 220 N·m (162 ft·lb)@1250-4300|
|sDrive20i||2015–||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (B48A20M0)||192 PS (141 kW; 189 bhp)@5000-6000, 280 N·m (207 ft·lb)@1250-4600|
|sDrive20Li||2016–||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (B48A20M0)||192 PS (141 kW; 189 bhp)@5000, 280 N·m (207 ft·lb)@1250|
|xDrive20i||2015–||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (B48A20M0)||192 PS (141 kW; 189 bhp)@5000-6000, 280 N·m (207 ft·lb)@1250-4600|
|xDrive20Li||2016–||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (B48A20M0)||192 PS (141 kW; 189 bhp)@5000, 280 N·m (207 ft·lb)@1250|
|xDrive25i||2015–||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (B48A20O0)||231 PS (170 kW; 228 bhp)@5000-6000, 350 N·m (258 ft·lb)@1250-4500|
|xDrive25Li||2016–||1,998 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (B48A20O0)||231 PS (170 kW; 228 bhp)@5000, 350 N·m (258 ft·lb)@1250|
|xDrive25Le iPerformance||2016–||1,499 cc (91.5 cu in) I3 turbo (B38A15M0)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 bhp)@4400-6000, 220 N·m (162 ft·lb)@1250-4300|
|electric motor||95 PS (70 kW; 94 bhp)@?, 165 N·m (122 ft·lb)@?|
|combined||?@?, 385 N·m (284 ft·lb)@?|
|sDrive16d||2015–||1,496 cc (91.3 cu in) I3 turbo (B37C15U0?)||116 PS (85 kW; 114 bhp)@4000, 270 N·m (199 ft·lb)@1750|
|sDrive18d||2015–||1,996 cc (121.8 cu in) I4 turbo (B47C20U0)||150 PS (110 kW; 148 bhp)@4000, 330 N·m (243 ft·lb)@1750-2750|
|xDrive18d||2015–||1,996 cc (121.8 cu in) I4 turbo (B47C20U0)||150 PS (110 kW; 148 bhp)@4000, 330 N·m (243 ft·lb)@1750-2750|
|sDrive20d||2016–||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 turbo (B47C20O0)||190 PS (140 kW; 187 bhp)@4000, 400 N·m (295 ft·lb)@1750-2500|
|xDrive20d||2015–||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 turbo (B47C20O0)||190 PS (140 kW; 187 bhp)@4000, 400 N·m (295 ft·lb)@1750-2500|
|xDrive25d||2015–||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 turbo (B47C20T0)||231 PS (170 kW; 228 bhp)@4400, 450 N·m (332 ft·lb)@1500-3000|
|sDrive18i||2015–||6-speed manual, 6-speed Steptronic|
|xDrive25Le iPerformance||2016–||6-speed Steptronic?|
|sDrive18d||2015–||6-speed manual, 8-speed Steptronic|
|xDrive18d||2015–||6-speed manual, 8-speed Steptronic|
|sDrive20d||2016–||6-speed manual, 8-speed Steptronic|
|xDrive20d||2015–||6-speed manual, 8-speed Steptronic|
BMW X1 is produced at the BMW-Werk Regensburg plant.
BMW X1 Long Wheelbase is produced at BMW Brilliance's Tiexi plant in Shenyang.
BMW X1 xDrive25Le iPerformance is produced by BMW Brilliance.
As of 2016-06-22, the first BMW X1 vehicles from Tiexi plant were delivered to 4 customers.
As part of X1 Long Wheelbase launch in China, a series of BMW X1 races took place in 9 cities in eastern China (Nanjing, Suzhou, Shanghai, Jinan, Wuxi, Qingdao, Nantong, Changzhou, Weifang) between 2016-06-24 and October 2016. Further races took place in 4 cities in southern China (Quanzhou, Guangzhou, Nanning, Chuangsha) between 2016-07-08 and 2016-07-09, and 4 cities in southeastern China (Tāizhōu, Jiaxing, Ningbo, Hefei) between 2016-07-29 and September 2016.
- "Группа компаний Автотор :: Автомобили BMW" (in Russian). Avtotor.ru. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "Bangkok Post".
- "BMW Concept X1 – Richard Kim (exterior designer) (10/2008)". Retrieved 10 March 2013.
- Lavrinc, Damon (2008-10-02). "Paris 2008: BMW X1 concept". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "BMW unveils X1 in China, offers 'competitive' prices". Wantchinatimes.com, 2012-03-08.[permanent dead link]
- "BMW X1 EPA Specs". fueleconomy.gov. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- Kable, Greg. "''AutoWeek'': "BMW X1: Striving to be the driver's choice among small SUVs"". Autoweek.com. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "2011 BMW X1 – First Drive Review – Auto Reviews". Car and Driver. Archived from the original on 9 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- The BMW X1
- The new BMW X1 xDrive28i with BMW TwinPower Turbo.
- The BMW X1 All-Round Talent – Now with Even Greater Diversity in its Range of Engines.
- "BMW at the 64 International Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA 2011).". bmwgroup.com.
- The BMW X1 – unique in the premium segment and now even more efficient.
- BMW at the 21st Auto Mobil International Leipzig 2012.
- Geared up for new challenges: The new BMW X1.
- The BMW X1: Now with the USA in its sights.
- Interone Worldwide GmbH (2008-06-17). "BMW X1 - 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic | BMW Canada". Bmw.ca. Archived from the original on 2012-01-02. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "BMW X1 MSRP". NADAguides.com.
- BMW Concept K2 Powder Ride and the BMW X1 Powder Ride Edition Perfectly positioned to make winter a (driving) pleasure
- BMW Concept K2 Powder Ride and 2013 X1 Powder Ride Edition are ready to hit the slopes
- BMW X1 Powder Ride Limited Edition to be unveiled at 2012 LA Auto Show
- BMW Group DesignworksUSA and K2 bring new ski design on the slopes. / Limited Edition Ski for the BMW X1 Edition Powder Ride with a fox as central motif / “New interpretation of dynamics and emotion”.
- BMW at the RETTmobil 2013
- A model of success: the BMW X1 has swept up international awards and sold over 300,000 units.
- "September 2013: BMW Group Sales up 6.7 percent – 189,675 vehicles sold". Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- BMW at the 2014 NAIAS Detroit.
- New accents for the BMW X1.
- BMW at RETTmobil 2014.
- Specifications BMW X1 (2009)
- Specifications BMW X1 (03/2010)
- Specifications BMW X1 (09/2010)
- Specifications BMW X1 xDrive28i (03/2011)
- "Safety ratings". iihs.org.
- BMW of North America, LLC (3 January 2013). "BMW Group Achieves Best Sales Year Ever in the U.S.". prnewswire.com.
- "BMW Group blijft op koers in 2013.". bmwgroup.com.
- BMW of North America, LLC (3 January 2014). "BMW Group U.S. Reports December and 2013 Sales". prnewswire.com.
- BMW of North America, LLC (5 January 2015). "BMW Group U.S. Reports December and 2014 Sales". prnewswire.com.
- BMW at the IAA Cars 2015 in Frankfurt.
- BMW at the Tokyo Motor Show 2015.
- The new BMW X1. Urban all-rounder delivers boundless driving pleasure.
- BMW model upgrade measures in the autumn of 2015.
- BMW X1 sDrive18i 172萬全新上市
- 2016 BMW X1 takes a more mainstream approach
- BMW's New Long-Wheelbase X1 For China Adds 110mm Of Rear Legroom
- 2016北京車展：為中國市場需求推出，BMW發表X1 Long Wheelbase
- 全新BMW X1长轴距版北京车展全球首发 国产入门豪华SUV市场迎来新标杆 华晨宝马即日启动客户预订, 售价28.6万起
- Extra space, extra X-ness. The new BMW X1 Long Wheelbase.
- BMW at RETTmobil 2016.
- All-new BMW X1 xDrive25Le iPerformance makes debut at Chengdu motor show. Electric drive performance and ground-breaking luxury.
- 电动性能 越级豪华——全新BMW X1插电式混合动力成都车展全球首发
- 多维度深入中国 “第一战略”引领持续成功 ——2016成都国际车展宝马集团全面展现创新实力
- "BMW F48 X1 - Technical specifications, size dimensions, fuel economy". ultimatespecs.com.
- The all-new BMW X1 sDrive18L1 sDrive20L1 xDrive20L1 xDrive25L1(2016)
- Specifications BMW X1 sDrive 16d, BMW X1 sDrive18i, BMW X1 xDrive18d.
- Specifications BMW X1 sDrive 20d, valid from 07/2016.
- 锋芒毕露，强势登场 全新BMW X1南区车主交车仪式在沈阳铁西工厂举行
- 挑战自我享受全能 全新BMW X1全能挑战赛东区首战金陵
- 由敢而发越级而来——全新BMW X1全能挑战赛南区启动
- 敢作敢为 探索真我——2016全新BMW X1全能挑战赛台州站激情启动
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BMW X1.|