From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Birth name||Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia|
|Also known as||Badshah|
|Born||New Delhi, India|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, Music Producer, Music Composer, Lyricist, Film Producer|
Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia, better known by his stage name Badshah, is an Indian rapper known for his Hindi, Haryanvi, and Punjabi songs. He started his career in 2006 alongside Yo Yo Honey Singh in his group Mafia Mundeer and gained spontaneous popularity among youth. He stopped working with Honey in 2012. His music has been featured in Bollywood soundtracks for films such as the 2014 film Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. and Sonam Kapoor starrer Khoobsurat (2014). He has also collaborated with artists such as Gippy Grewal, Diljeet Dosanjh, Manj Musik, Raftaar, Navv Inder and Aastha Gill among others. His debut single, "DJ Waley Babu" featuring Aastha Gill, was ranked number one on Indian i-tunes charts within 24 hours of the release. The song also crossed a million views on Youtube within 30 hours. In 2016, he collaborated with Navv Inder on Wakhra Swag which won the 2016 Punjabi Music Awards for best duo/group and most popular song of the year award.
Badshah was born as Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia in Delhi. His father is from Haryana and his mother is Punjabi. He did his schooling from Bal Bharati Public School, Pitampura, Delhi where he used to perform on his school choir. Prior to becoming a full-time musician he received education to become a civil engineer from PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh during which he was exposed to new Punjabi music which promoted him to take on rap writing. He has stated that if he had not become a rapper, he would "have been an IAS officer" .
|2013||Bikkar Bai Sentimental||"Kar Fateh"||JSL Singh||JSL Singh|
|2014||Jatt James Bond||"Tu Meri Baby Doll"||Gippy Grewal||Surinder Rattan|
|Fugly||"Dhup Chikk"||Raftaar, Aastha Gill||Raftaar|
|Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania||"Saturday-Saturday"||Indeep Bakshi, Akriti Kakkar||The Titans|
|Khoobsoorat||"Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai"||Aastha Gill||Badshah|
|2015||ABCD 2||"Vande Mataram"||Daler Mehndi, Tanishka Sanghvi, Divya Kumar||Sachin–Jigar|
|Second Hand Husband||"Bad Baby"||Gippy Grewal||Badshah|
|Bajrangi Bhaijaan||"Selfie Le Le Re"||Vishal Dadlani, Nakash Aziz, Pritam||Pritam|
|All Is Well||"Chaar Shanivaar"||Vishal Dadlani, Armaan Malik||Amaal Mallik|
|Vedalam||"Aaluma Doluma"||Anirudh Ravichander||Anirudh Ravichander|
|Jazbaa||"Aaj Raat Ka Scene"||Shraddha Pandit||Badshah|
|2016||Sanam Re||"Akkad Bakkad"||Neha Kakkar||Badshah|
|Teraa Surroor||"Teri Yaad"||Himesh Reshammiya||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Kapoor & Sons||"Kar Gai Chull"||Sukriti Kakkar, Neha Kakkar, Fazilpuria, Badshah||Badshah (Recreated By Amaal Mallik)|
|Sultan||"Baby Ko Bass Pasand Hai"||Vishal Dadlani, Shalmali Kholgade, Ishita||Vishal-Shekhar|
|Baar Baar Dekho||"Kala Chashma"||Amar Arshi, Neha Kakkar||Badshah (Recreated)|
|Ae Dil Hai Mushkil||"The Breakup Song"||Arijit Singh, Jonita Gandhi, Nakash Aziz||Pritam|
|Shivaay||"Bolo Har Har Har"||Mohit Chauhan, Sukhwinder Singh, Megha Sriram Dalton, Anugrah||Mithoon|
|2017||Ok Jaanu||"The Humma Song"||Jubin Nautiyal, Shashaa Tirupati||Badshah and Tanishk Bagchi (Recreated)|
|Badrinath Ki Dulhania||"Tamma Tamma Again"||Bappi Lahiri, Anuradha Paudwal||Bappi Lahiri, Tanishk Bagchi (Recreated)|
- Godha, Ronak (19 February 2016) Badshah Live Musical Concert – Ft. Aastha Gill & DJ Rebirth on 21st Feb. EdYouCatives
- Packed in promise | chandigarh. Hindustan Times (5 January 2014). Retrieved on 2015-10-16.
- I don’t want to compose Bollywood albums: Badshah. The Indian Express (14 June 2015). Retrieved on 10 August 2015.
- Gupta, Priya. "Badshah uses Honey Singh's fame by giving negative statements against him". Times of India. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Maheshwri, Neha. "Saturday Saturday maker Badshah: I'm an artiste, not a preacher". Times of India. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Bhasin, Shivani. "Music Review: Badshah replaces Honey Singh but Khoobsurat's soundtrack is a mess". First Post. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Gippy Grewal-Badshah collaboration 'Bad Baby' to be out soon". Times of India. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Badshah: 'DJ waley babu' not regular party song. Times of India (28 July 2015)
- Jalandhar (26 May 2016). "Winners of PTC Punjabi Music Awards 2016 held at Jalandhar". Yes Punjab News. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Amneet Kaur (27 May 2016). "PTC Music Awards 2016– Here Is The Complete List Of Winners!". Punjabi Khurki. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Whenever I need inspiration, I go to Delhi: Badshah – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (11 July 2014). Retrieved on 2015-10-16.
- Whenever I need inspiration, I go to Delhi: Badshah – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (11 July 2014). Retrieved on 10 August 2015.
- Hebbar, Prajakta. "'If I wasn't a rapper, I'd have been an IAS officer': Everything you wanted to know about Badshah, who calls himself a 'prime-time' version of Honey Singh". IBN Live. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- I don't want to compose Bollywood albums: Badshah – Full News. Kerala.indiaeveryday.in. Retrieved on 10 August 2015.
- Packed in promise. hindustantimes.com (5 January 2014). Retrieved on 10 August 2015.