Baker High School (Baker City, Oregon)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Baker High School|
|2500 E Street
Baker City, Oregon
|School type||Public, Secondary|
|Motto||The pride and power that we hold exists in the heart
of the purple and gold.
|School district||Baker School District|
|Color(s)||Purple and Gold
|Athletics conference||OSAA 4A,
Greater Oregon League
|Rival||La Grande Tigers|
In 1889, Baker City built a school housing 12 grades, becoming the second public high school in Oregon.
Bel Canto Choir received first place in the State Choir Championship 3A and 4A in 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- Gerald Schroeder - justice, Idaho Supreme Court (1995–2007); chief justice (2004–07), class of 1957
- William Tebeau - ODOT engineer; in 1948, first African American man to be graduated from Oregon State. BHS class of 1939
- Bobb McKittrick - 5 time Super Bowl Champion for the 49ers. Offensive Line Coach. Class of 53.
- "Baker High School". OSAA. Archived from the original on February 19, 2010. Retrieved January 28, 2010.
- "History of Baker City, OR - Baker County Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau | Baker City, OR". www.visitbaker.com. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Dielman, Gary (March 1989). "The Fire that Destroyed the Solar System" (PDF). Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Steel, Gerry (March 16, 2007). "BHS BASKETBALL: The 1972 team". www.bakercityherald.com. Baker City Herald. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Jacoby, Jayson (December 4, 2010). "Baker wins first state football title". Baker City Heral. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Steele, Gerry (December 2, 2012). "Baker claims 4A crown". Baker City Herald. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Ferguson, Mike (May 5, 2008). "Bel Canto wins third straight state championship | Baker City Herald | Baker County Oregon's News Leader". www.bakercityherald.com. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|