From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||75 m (246 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bishnupur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barjora|
Barjora is located at  It has an average elevation of 75 metres (246 feet)..
As per 2011 Census of India Barjora had a total population of 14,012 of which 7,203 (51%) were males and 6,809 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,269. The total number of literates in Barjora was 10,535 (82.67% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Barjora had a population of 11,509. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Barjora has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; 57% of the literates are males and 43% are females. 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Barjora is famous for coals. Presently two collieries are operating at Barjora- 1. Bengal Empta 2. Trans Damodar
State Highway 9 connects Durgapur with Bankura via Barjora. The Barjora – Maliara- Durlavpur Road originates from 36 km point of the State Highway 9 (Bankura-Durgapur) and terminates on the National Highway 14, which is adjacent to Mejia Thermal Power Station.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Barjora
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Bankura". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Barjora PS". Bankura District Police. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Land Use & Development Control Plan for Barjora Gangajalghati Planning Area" (PDF). Town & Country Planning Branch, Urban Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-06-10.[dead link]