From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The school closed when it was amalgamated with the adjacent Hillcroft School in 1971 to create Bec-Hillcroft comprehensive school. Bec-Hillcroft was renamed Ernest Bevin School, after the former Labour minister Ernest Bevin, the next year.
|This section does not cite any sources. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (June 2013) (|
- William Armstrong, Baron Armstrong of Sanderstead, Chairman of Midland Bank from 1975-80
- David Davis (British politician), Conservative MP for Haltemprice and Howden
- Douglas Day, Queen's Counsel, Recorder of the Crown Court
- Michael Goldacre, Professor of Public Health, Oxford University
- Bob Hiller, former England rugby captain
- Art Malik, actor
- Mike Sarne, singer
- Professor Cedric A. B. Smith, (1929–32), statistician and geneticist
- Robyn Williams, science broadcaster
- Robert Balchin, Baron Lingfield, British Educationalist
- Brian Paddick, Baron Paddick, British Politician and former London Metropolitan Assistant Deputy Police Commissioner.
- Reginald Hollingdale, Biographer and Translator of German Philosophy and Literature.
- Norman Ames, England under-16s rugby player.
- David Mills RA, sculptor.
- Michael Ware, England under-18s rugby player.
- Gregory Pluskowski, England under-18s rugby player.
- Tony McPhee, Singer, lead guitarist and founder of The Groundhogs
- Dave Wetton, Secretary of the Hunt Saboteurs Association 1970-1980
- Sir Douglas Lovelock KCB, Head of HM Customs and Excise, First Church Estates Commissioner, Chairman of the Whitgift Foundation. Obit 2014
- "Bec School (Boys), Beechcroft Road, S.W.17 (opened 1926) – Minutes of Governors – ref. LCC/EO/PS/4/15". London County Council. Access to Archives. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- "College History". Ernest Bevin College. Retrieved 2008-03-09.