From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (January 2010) (|
|Created by||Traci Paige Johnson
Angela C. Santomero
|Based on||Blue's Clues by Traci Paige Johnson and Angela C. Santomero|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||17|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Productions
Out of the Blue Enterprises (Season 2)
|Original network||Nick Jr.|
|Original release||February 9, 2004– March 29, 2007|
Blue's Room is an American children's animated/live action/puppet show television series originally broadcast on Nickelodeon as part of the Nick Jr. block. It is a spin-off series of the popular Blue's Clues series, and was created by Traci Paige Johnson and Angela C. Santomero. It started as a short segment that came near the end of the last Blue's Clues episodes in Season 6. A revival of the series is set for a 2017 launch.
The series centers around the title character and host of the show, Blue, a female blue dog. Blue often interacts with her friends including Sprinkles, Blue's shy little brother who was introduced in the second season, Roar E. Sauras (or simply Roary), an orange dinosaur who likes to practice roaring, Frederica, a purple doll who likes to pretends it's her birthday, and Polka Dots, a sea-foam plush toy who create puzzles for others to solve. Together, they go on adventures, solve different problems, and use their imagination.
- Blue (puppeteered by Leslie Carrara-Rudolph) - The title character and host of the show, Blue is a female blue dog. She often greets others by shouting, "Hi you!" and usually asks viewers open-ended questions. Her catchphrase is "Hoop-dee-doo!"
- Sprinkles (puppeteered by Joey Mazzarino) - Blue's baby brother and the co-host of the show added to the cast in the second season, Sprinkles is a somewhat shy spotted puppy.
- Polka Dots (puppeteered by Peter Linz) - Polka Dots is Blue's best friend, a sea-green plush toy who creates puzzles for others to solve.
- Frederica (puppeteered by Cheryl Blaylock) - Fred is one of Blue's good friends who usually pretends that it is her birthday every day. She is a purple doll with orange hair.
- Roar E. Saurus (puppeteered by Joey Mazzarino) - Roary is an orange dinosaur who likes to practice roaring.
- Doodle Board (puppeteered by Peter Linz) - An easel who doodles and draws to tell the viewer to guess what the object is.
- Dress Up Chest (puppeteered by Tyler Bunch) - A purple treasure chest who gives the others costumes to wear. He also occasionally narrates story segments.
- Boogie-Woogie (puppeteered by Joey Mazzarino) - A jukebox who likes to sing and dance.
- Silly Seat (puppeteered by Marc Petrosino and voiced by Jared Goldsmith) - A chair who tells silly jokes, crazy riddles, and other funny things. He disappears from the supporting cast in the second season for unknown reasons.
- Joe (portrayed by Donovan Patton as a guest in season 1 and a main character in season 2) - Joe is a human and Blue's caretaker and also Steve's younger brother. He is often seen alongside Sprinkles.
- Handy Dandy Journal (voiced by Brianna Gentilella) - A talking journal whose face and design resembles that of Polka Dots. Blue writes and draws various thoughts about specific aspects of episodes in his pages.
- Key (voiced by Jared Goldsmith) - One of the few animated characters in the show, Key is a magical key Polka Dots keeps in his pocket. He opens Dress-Up Chest's lock and is colored gold and orange.
- Moona (voiced by Christiana Anbri) - Similarly to Key, Moona is an animated character in the show. She is a green and blue-colored fairy made of crescent shapes who appears at the end of each segment and episode.
- Antonio (portrayed by Antonio Ortiz) - A child who visits Blue's room often throughout the first season.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||6||August 10, 2004||September 17, 2005|
|2||11||July 27, 2006||March 29, 2007|
Season 1 (2004–2005)
|Title||Original air date|
|1||1||"Snacktime Playdate"||August 10, 2004|
|Blue asks viewers what they enjoy most about snacktime, and Dress-Up Chest reads a snack-based story.|
|2||2||"Fred's Birthday"||November 24, 2004|
|Fred's birthday, her favorite day of the year, arrives.|
|3||3||"Holiday Wishes"||December 3, 2004|
|Blue, Polka Dots, Fred and Roary learn about winter holidays and await a visit from Joe.|
|4||4||"Hug Day"||January 25, 2005|
|Blue and her playroom friends celebrate "Hug Day," a holiday that resembles Valentine's Day.|
|5||5||"Beyond Your Wildest Dreams!"||April 18, 2005|
|Blue uses her imagination to transform the room into fantastic new worlds.|
|6||6||"Alphabet Power"||September 17, 2005|
|Sentient letters visit the room, inspiring Blue to learn more about them.|
Season 2 (2006–2007)
|Title||Original air date|
|7||1||"Meet Blue's Baby Brother!"||July 27, 2006|
|Blue travels to Puppyville to meet her new baby brother, Sprinkles.|
|8||2||"Blue's Farm Playdate"||January 26, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles help Joe take care of his new farm.|
|9||3||"Shape Detectives"||February 2, 2007|
|Shapes from Roary's painting scatter across the room. Note: This episode is a reference to the Blue's Clues book of the same name.|
|10||4||"Masterpiece Museum"||February 9, 2007|
|Polka Dots reads about museums and decides to create one of his own.|
|11||5||"Sprinkles' Sleepover"||February 16, 2007|
|Sprinkles is unable to go to sleep.|
|12||6||"World Travelers"||February 23, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles travel to exotic locations in search of three magic keys.|
|13||7||"Mathstronauts!"||March 2, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles search all of outer space to find numbers.|
|14||8||"Away Great Playdate"||March 26, 2007|
|Blue, Sprinkles and Joe visit real-life places around the world as they try to return a lost hat.|
|15||9||"Little Red Riding Blue"||March 27, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles act out "Little Red Riding Hood" as they bring Roary some banana bread.|
|16||10||"Knights of the Snack Table"||March 28, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles become knights and help King Joe locate his missing dragons.|
|17||11||"Music Stars"||March 29, 2007|
|Boogie Woogie overhears Blue and Sprinkles making music and tells them that they could become rock stars.|
|2004||Snacktime Playdate||VHS & DVD||8/10/2004||Snacktime Playdate, Blue's Wishes, Café Blue, and The Grow Show|||
|2005||It's Hug Day!||VHS & DVD||1/25/2005||It's Hug Day, Joe's Clues, I'm So Happy!, and Body Language|||
|2005||Beyond Your Wildest Dreams||VHS & DVD||4/18/2005||Beyond Your Wildest Dreams, Playdates, Blue's Collection, and The Wrong Shirt|
|2005||Alphabet Power||VHS & DVD||9/17/2005||Alphabet Power, The Alphabet Train, Let's Write!, and Magenta's Messages|
|2005||Holiday Wishes||VHS & DVD||10/8/2005||Holiday Wishes, Can You Help?, Look Carefully..., and Patience|
|2006||Fred's Birthday||VHS & DVD||1/7/2006||Fred's Birthday, The Fairy Tale Ball, Dress Up Day, and Our Neighborhood Festival|
|2006||Blue's Biggest Stories||DVD||8/7/2006||Blue's Birthday, Blue's Big Treasure Hunt, Blue's Big Pajama Party, Magenta Gets Glasses, Steve Goes to College, Blue Takes You to School, The Legend of the Blue Puppy, and Snacktime Playdate|
|2006||Meet Blue's Baby Brother||DVD||9/13/2006||Meet Blue's Baby Brother!, The Baby's Here!, and What's New, Blue?|
|2007||Knights of the Snack Table||DVD||3/26/2007||Knights of the Snack Table, Blue's Farm Playdate, The Boat Float, and The Scavenger Hun|
|2007||Shape Detectives||DVD||5/29/2007||Shape Detectives, Mathronauts, Weight and Balance, and Words|
|2007||Little Blue Riding Hood||DVD||7/3/2007||Little Red Riding Hood, Masterpiece Museum, Adventure, and Imagine Nation|
|2007||World Travelers||DVD||11/13/2007||World Travelers, Away Great Playdate, Environments, and Blue's New Place|
- Nick Jr. (3 January 2007). "Nick Jr.'s Beloved Blue Puppy and Her New Baby Brother". prnewswire.com.
- "Nickelodeon Turns Its Archives Into A Mobile Distraction For Your Kids". Fast Company.