From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (January 2010) (|
|Created by||Traci Paige Johnson
Angela C. Santomero
|Based on||Blue's Clues by Traci Paige Johnson and Angela C. Santomero|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||17|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Productions
Out of the Blue Enterprises (Season 2)
|Original network||Nick Jr.|
|Original release||August 2, 2004– March 29, 2007|
Blue's Room is an American children's animated/live action/puppet show television series originally broadcast on Nickelodeon as part of the Nick Jr. block. It is a spin-off series of the popular Blue's Clues series, and was created by Traci Paige Johnson and Angela C. Santomero. It started as a short segment that came near the end of the last Blue's Clues episodes in Season 6.
- Blue (puppeteered by Leslie Carrara-Rudolph) - The title character and host of the show, Blue is a female blue dog. She often greets others by shouting, "Hi you!" and usually asks viewers open-ended questions. Her catchphrase is "Hoop-dee-doo!"
- Sprinkles (puppeteered by Joey Mazzarino) - Blue's baby brother and the co-host of the show added to the cast in the second season, Sprinkles is a somewhat shy spotted puppy.
- Polka Dots (puppeteered by Peter Linz) - Polka Dots is Blue's best friend, a sea-green plush toy who creates puzzles for others to solve.
- Frederica (puppeteered by Cheryl Blaylock) - Fred is one of Blue's good friends who usually pretends that it is her birthday every day. She is a purple doll with orange hair.
- Roar E. Saurus (puppeteered by Joey Mazzarino) - Roary is an orange dinosaur who likes to practice roaring.
- Doodle Board (puppeteered by Peter Linz) - An easel who doodles and draws to tell the viewer to guess what the object is.
- Dress Up Chest (puppeteered by Tyler Bunch) - A purple treasure chest who gives the others costumes to wear. He also occasionally narrates story segments.
- Boogie-Woogie (puppeteered by Joey Mazzarino) - A jukebox who likes to sing and dance.
- Silly Seat (puppeteered by Marc Petrosino and voiced by Jared Goldsmith) - A chair who tells silly jokes, crazy riddles, and other funny things. He disappears from the supporting cast in the second season for unknown reasons.
- Joe (portrayed by Donovan Patton) - Joe is a human and Blue's caretaker and also Steve's younger brother. He is often seen alongside Sprinkles.
- Handy Dandy Journal (voiced by Brianna Gentilella) - A talking journal whose face and design resembles that of Polka Dots. Blue writes and draws various thoughts about specific aspects of episodes in his pages.
- Key (voiced by Jared Goldsmith) - One of the few animated characters in the show, Key is a magical key Polka Dots keeps in his pocket. He opens Dress-Up Chest's lock and is colored gold and orange.
- Moona (voiced by Christiana Anbri) - Similarly to Key, Moona is an animated character in the show. She is a green and blue-colored fairy made of crescent shapes who appears at the end of each segment and episode.
- Antonio (portrayed by Antonio Ortiz) - A child who visits Blue's room often throughout the first season.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||6||August 2, 2004||September 17, 2005|
|2||11||August 6, 2006||March 29, 2007|
Season 1 (2004–2005)
|Title||Original air date|
|1||1||"Snacktime Playdate"||August 2, 2004|
|Blue asks viewers what they enjoy most about snacktime, and Dress-Up Chest reads a snack-based story.|
|2||2||"Fred's Birthday"||November 24, 2004|
|Fred's birthday, her favorite day of the year, arrives.|
|3||3||"Blue's Holiday Wishes"||December 3, 2004|
|Blue, Polka Dots, Fred and Roary learn about winter holidays and await a visit from Joe.|
|4||4||"It's Hug Day!"||January 7, 2005|
|Blue and her playroom friends celebrate "Hug Day," a holiday that resembles Valentine's Day.|
|5||5||"Beyond Your Wildest Dreams!"||April 18, 2005|
|Blue uses her imagination to transform the room into fantastic new worlds.|
|6||6||"The Power of the Alphabet"||September 17, 2005|
|Sentient letters visit the room, inspiring Blue to learn more about them|
Season 2 (2006–2007)
|Title||Original air date|
|7||1||"Meet Blue's Baby Brother"||August 6, 2006|
|Blue travels to Puppyville to meet her new baby brother, Sprinkles.|
|8||2||"Blue's Farm Playdate"||January 26, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles help Joe take care of his new farm.|
|9||3||"Shape Detectives"||February 2, 2007|
|Shapes from Roary's painting scatter across the room. Note: This episode is a reference to the Blue's Clues book of the same name.|
|10||4||"Masterpiece Museum"||February 9, 2007|
|Polka Dots reads about museums and decides to create one of his own.|
|11||5||"Sprinkles' Sleepover"||February 16, 2007|
|Sprinkles is unable to go to sleep.|
|12||6||"World Travelers"||February 23, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles travel to exotic locations in search of three magic keys.|
|13||7||"Mathstronauts"||March 26, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles search all of outer space to find numbers.|
|14||8||"Away Great Playdate"||March 26, 2007|
|Blue, Sprinkles and Joe visit real-life places around the world as they try to return a lost hat.|
|15||9||"Little Red Riding Blue"||March 26, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles act out "Little Red Riding Hood" as they bring Roary some banana bread.|
|16||10||"Knights of the Snack Table"||March 27, 2007|
|Blue and Sprinkles become knights and help King Joe locate his missing dragons.|
|17||11||"Music Stars"||March 29, 2007|
|Boogie Woogie overhears Blue and Sprinkles making music and tells them that they could become rock stars.|
|2004||Snacktime Playdate||VHS & DVD||8/10/2004|||
|2005||It's Hug Day!||VHS & DVD||1/25/2005|||
|2005||Beyond Your Wildest Dreams||VHS & DVD||4/19/2005|
|2005||Alphabet Power||VHS & DVD||9/17/2005|
|2005||Holiday Wishes||VHS & DVD||10/8/2005||Blue's Room Holiday|
|2006||Fred's Birthday||VHS & DVD||3/21/2006|
|2006||Blue's Biggest Stories||DVD||8/7/2006||Snacktime Play Date (also includes Blue's Clues episodes)|
|2006||Meet Blue's Baby Brother||VHS & DVD||9/13/2006|
|2007||Knights of the Snack Table||DVD||3/30/2007||Knights of the Snack Table/Blue's Farm Play Date|
|2007||Shape Detectives||DVD||5/29/2007||Shape Detectives/Mathstronauts|
|2007||Little Blue Riding Hood||DVD||7/3/2007||Little Red Riding Blue/The Masterpiece Museum|
|2007||World Travelers||DVD||11/13/2007||World Travelers/Away Great Play Date|
- Nick Jr. (3 January 2007). "Nick Jr.'s Beloved Blue Puppy and Her New Baby Brother". prnewswire.com.
- "Nickelodeon Turns Its Archives Into A Mobile Distraction For Your Kids". Fast Company.