Blue Springs R-IV School District
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Blue Springs R-IV School District|
|Blue Springs, Missouri
Kansas City Metropolitan Area
|Motto||Education with Distinction|
|Accreditation||Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education|
|Students and staff|
The Blue Springs R-IV School District is a school district that serves Blue Springs, Missouri in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The district has an enrollment of over 13,000 students. The mission statement of the Blue Springs R-IV School District is to create an educational community in which each individual acquires knowledge, develops skills, and functions as a literate citizen to achieve personal goals. The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education reported that Blue Springs School District once again received a perfect score on the Annual Performance Report in 2011. This is the eleventh year in a row that the district has received a perfect score. This is determined by a number of factors including student achievement. The Blue Springs School District is one of only seven school districts in this state to have eleven consecutive years of Distinction.
- Chapel Lakes Elementary School
- Cordill-Mason Elementary School
- Daniel Young Elementary School
- Franklin Smith Elementary School
- James Lewis Elementary School
- James Walker Elementary School
- John Nowlin Elementary School
- Lucy Franklin Elementary School
- Sunny Pointe Elementary School
- Thomas Ultican Elementary School
- Voy Spears Elementary School
- William Bryant Elementary School
- William Yates Elementary School
- Brittany Hill Middle School
- Delta Woods Middle School
- Moreland Ridge Middle School
- Paul Kinder Middle School (Renamed after superintendent Paul Kinder retired)
- Blue Springs Freshman Center
- Blue Springs High School
- Blue Springs South High School
- Valley View High School
The Blue Springs School District also offers "Liggett Trail Education Center" which is a setting designed to address the needs of students from age 3 to 21 years with Special Needs or Disabilities. It is mainly an Early Childhood Special Education Center for 3 to 5 year olds. Emphasis is upon school/parent communication, developmentally appropriate practices, specialized therapies and team approach that allows each student to work toward his or her potential.
- Brandon Lloyd, professional Wide Receiver for the New England Patriots of the NFL attended Blue Springs High School.
- Ladell Betts, professional Running Back for the Washington Redskins of the NFL attended Blue Springs High School.
- Frankie Abernathy, Real World San Diego Cast Member, attended Blue Springs High School.
- Jon Sundvold, NBA player and All-American college basketball player at the University of Missouri, is a graduate of Blue Springs High School.
- David Cook, 7th season winner of American Idol, attended Blue Springs South High School.
- Jonathan Gordon Brody Former Supervisor with the Federal Bureau of Investigation; convicted of federal weapons charges.
- Jonathan Martz Professional ballet dancer Evangel University and certified sasquatch expert.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Blue Springs R-iv". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- "School Districts." City of Independence. Retrieved on January 5, 2017.