Euromoney Institutional Investor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Type||Public (LSE: ERM)|
|Key people||Richard Ensor, Chairman
Christopher Fordham, Managing Director
|Revenue||£394.1 million (2012)|
|Operating income||£112.3 million (2012)|
|Net income||£69.8 million (2012)|
|Parent||Daily Mail and General Trust|
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC is one of Europe's largest business and financial magazine publishers which has interests in financial publishing and event organization. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. It is 70% owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust Group.
The company was founded by Sir Patrick Sergeant in 1969 as an international business-to-business media group focused primarily on the international finance sector. Patrick Sergeant continued to manage the business until 1985 when he became chairman. He retired as chairman in September 1992 when he was appointed president and non-executive director. The Company was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1986. Significant acquisitions  have included ISI Emerging Markets in 1999, Hedge Fund Intelligence in 2003 and Metal Bulletin PLC in 2006. Additional acquisitions include:
- October 2006 Total Derivatives Limited
- May 2008 BPR Benchmark
- May 2008 Benchmark Financials Limited
- August 2010 Arete Consulting Limited
- August 2011 Ned Davis Research Inc.
- February 2012 Global Grain Geneva
- January 2013 TTI/Vanguard
- March 2013 Insider Publishing
- April 2013 Centre for Investor Education
- April 2013 Quantitative Techniques
The Company is currently the market leader on international financial publishing and data, event and training organisation. As well as its flagship titles Euromoney Magazine, Institutional Investor and Metal Bulletin the company owns close to 100 international specialist businesses in capital markets, asset management, commodities, aviation finance and specialist finance, telecoms and legal. Euromoney trains international bankers, lawyers and securities specialists around the world, runs international conferences, and is leading in online publishing. With offices worldwide, its shares are listed in London and Luxembourg. Journal and research and data companies owned by EII include Ned Davis Research, ISI Emerging Markets, BCA Research and LatinFinance.
It publishes more than 100 online publishing titles, intelligence and data, research and journals. It also runs an extensive portfolio of conferences, seminars and training courses and is a leading provider of electronic information and data covering international finance and emerging markets.
- "Preliminary Results 2012" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Euromoney Business Profile, FT.com". Markets.ft.com. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "Recent Acquisitions".
- Published: January 27, 1999 (1999-01-27). "Euromoney Publications to buy Internet Securities Inc". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- Euromoney buys publisher for £11m[dead link]
- Kollewe, Julia (2006-08-05). "Euromoney wins Metal Bulletin battle". Independent.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-18.