Freemake Video Downloader
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Developer(s)||Ellora Assets Corporation|
|Initial release||1 July 2010|
|Stable release||3.8.0 / 12 May 2016|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||English, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Chinese Traditional|
|License||Freeware (Optional toolbar installation)|
Freemake Video Downloader is a freeware download manager developed by Ellora Assets Corporation. The program is designed to download embedded videos in FLV, MP4, WebM, or 3GP formats from any website, including the popular sites YouTube, Facebook, Vevo, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Veoh and Metacafe. The software gives a list of all video qualities available for downloading and is able to convert downloaded videos to multiple formats, including formats designed for the iPod, iPhone, PlayStation, and Android mobile devices.
Freemake Video Downloader can rip online videos from popular video portals such as YouTube, Facebook, Google Video, Vevo, MTV Music, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Veoh, Break, Stupidvideos, Liveleak, Photobucket, MyVideo.de, and Nicovideo.jp. The software is capable of downloading videos at 4096p, 1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p, or 240p resolution. It can also transcode downloaded videos, converting them into AVI files or extracting the audio into an MP3 file. Freemake Video Converter, a sister application to Freemake Video Downloader, offers more conversion options. The program also supports downloading private videos for which proper account credentials are needed, such as private videos on Facebook. It also supports using proxy servers.
Freemake Video Downloader 2.0 is a major update which integrates support for video downloads from Hulu, ComedyCentral, SouthParkStudios, and more MTV Network websites. The software also adds the possibility to extract original audio tracks and convert online videos to video and audio formats and multimedia devices. The version 2.1 released in March 2011 contains a number of new features, including one-click download mode, simplified link processing, and an option to block downloading from adult sites by implementing a parental control password.
This software bundles a bunch of malware which installs despite specifically selecting not to install. One is Bytefence which always runs and when you try to close it in the task manager, this virus says "access denied". It also has some trojan horse called "helper update" and a ton of other hidden viruses. It also installs pcap without user authorization with is set to tracking your cookies cookies, collects browsing-related data about you, collects your IP and email addresses and any sensitive information it can get, . It also alters the start page, default search engine, new tab page and other settings in all your web browsers. Disabling or uninstalling the search bar does not function (it just comes back as if it was never disabled), and furthermore, the data files for the search bar program do not allow you to delete them manually (giving an error when attempting to do so). Users will get constant popup advertisements out of nowhere when not even browsing the web. It creates add-ons and extensions on popular browser including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It randomly hijacks your web browsing and redirects you to malicious links containing rootkits or Trojans. It leaves many invalid entries in the windows registry. It may force a restart of the computer after installation and afterward, it slows even the fastest computers a lot.
It is used as a trojan to install the (PUP) virus.
Freemake Video Converter
- Comparison of download managers
- Freemake Audio Converter
- Freemake Music Box
- Freemake Video Converter
- "The Best Free Downloads of 2010". PCWorld. 6 January 2011.
- Horton, Steve (4 September 2010). "Freemake Video Downloader Rips Flash Videos From the Web". PCWorld. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "Freemake Video Downloader: Freeware to Download from YouTube, Facebook and 20 More Sites". 24-7 Press Release. Victoria, Seychelles: 24-7 Press Release. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "Größer als 1.080p: YouTube-Videos mit 4K saugen". Chip.de (in German). 24 August 2010. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- Afrial, Dian. "Freemake Downloader: A Simple Video Downloader With Video Conversion Function". Agilworld.com. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- "Freemake Video Downloader description, Download Managers Download List By 30 Day Change". Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Langde, Rohit (11 December 2010). "Hulu Videos Downloader with inbuilt Proxy and Video Converter". Blogsolute.com.
- Horton, Steve (18 December 2010). "Freemake Video Downloader Now Converts Flash Video--And It's Still Free". PC World.
- Peers, Nick (4 March 2011). "Freemake Video Downloader 2.10 released". Software Crew.
- Download it yourself and watch all the viruses come. http://download2.freemake.com/FreemakeOriginals/FreemakeVideoDownloaderSetup.exe Also notice unwanted changes to your web browsers
- Horton, Steve (5 September 2010). "Freemake Video Converter Converts Files to Other Formats--For Free". PCWorld. Retrieved 1 November 2010.