Louis, Prince of Lambesc
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Prince of Lambesc|
|Spouse||Jeanne Henriette Marguerite de Durfort|
|Louise, Princess of Thurn and Taxis
Henriette Julienne, Duchess of Cadaval
Louis, Prince of Brionne
|Louis de Lorraine|
|Father||Henri of Lorraine|
|Mother||Marie Madeline d'Epinay|
|Born||13 February 1692|
|Died||9 September 1743(aged 51)|
The older of two children born to the Count and Countess of Brionne, he had a younger sister, Marie Louise (1693–1724) who died unmarried.
As an infant, he was immortalised by the artist François de Troy who painted him with his mother in circa 1697.
He fought along side his uncle the Count of Armagnac at the Battle of Malplaquet in 1709 and was captured by Prince Eugene of Savoy. He was later created the Governor of Anjou in 1712 and in 1719, he was made a Brigadier of the King's armies.
He married Jeanne Henriette Marguerite de Durfort, grand daughter of Jacques Henri de Durfort on 22 May 1709. The couple had six children, two of which would have issue. He died in 1743 being outlived by his wife by seven years.
- Jeanne Louise of Lorraine (4 December 1711–2 October 1772) never married;
- Louise de Lorraine (21 July 1722–6 January 1747) married Alexander Ferdinand, 3rd Prince of Thurn and Taxis, had no issue;
- Henriette Julienne Gabrielle of Lorraine (3 October 1724–24 March 1761) married Dom Jayme Alvares Pereira de Melo, Duke of Cadaval and had issue;
- Louis of Lorraine, Prince of Brionne (10 September 1725–28 June 1761) married three times; first to Louise Charlotte de Gramont, daughter of the Duke of Gramont, had no issue; married Auguste de Coëtquen, no issue; lastly married Louise Julie Constance de Rohan and had issue;
- Camille of Lorraine (31 December 1726–21 August 1788) never married;
- Henriette Agathe of Lorraine (13 July 1731–30 November 1756) never married.
|Ancestors of Louis, Prince of Lambesc|
References and notes
- van de Pas, Leo. "Louis de Lorraine, Prince of Lambesc". Genealogics .org. http://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00012657&tree=LEO. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- Don Jayme was the grandson of Louis, Count of Armagnac via his daughter Marguerite