From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Michele Monique Reis|
|Born||Michele Monique Reis
20 June 1970
|Other names||Lee Ka Yan|
|Education||Maryknoll Convent School|
|Home town||Hong Kong|
|Spouse(s)||Julian Hui (m. 2008)|
|Children||Jayden Max Hui, born on8 February 2011|
|Relatives||Li Jiaming (older sister)|
Michele Monique Reis (born 20 June 1970) is a Hong Kong actress of Portuguese and Shanghainese descent. She is the winner of Miss Chinese International Pageant 1988 and Miss Hong Kong 1988 Beauty pageants.
Her father is Francis Reis, was born in Hong Kong. He was captured by the Japanese in the fall of Hong Kong during World War II. But he was very popular in the concentration camp, loved by the other prisoners and because of his height so he was sent to work in the mines in Japan until Japan's surrender. After he returned to Hong Kong and got married with her mom. Her parents divorced in 1987 and then she rarely contacted with him. He died in 1995. Her parental relationship is not good, in her memory, the childhood had no toys, no new clothes, only the mother's tears and parents bickered endless until her father came home less and less to see, life without the father. Her mom with two children had each other's life began. Until many years later, her father was thought to make a phone call Michelle Reis, this time she was already famous. Many years later, Reis recalled and still feel hurt because this phone
Reis has a sister named Li Jiaming, in September 2010, her sister gave birth to a son.
Reis had excellent results when attended Maryknoll Convent School result to 2A (English, Bible) and ranked 7B five-year secondary education graduation exam. Participatied in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination after shortly she won the 1988 Miss Hong Kong Pageant.
Reis started modelling at the age of 14. She first came to fame when she won the 1988 Miss Hong Kong Pageant at the age of 18. Reis was also the first Miss Chinese International in the same year. Following her Miss Chinese International crowning, she went on to participate in the Miss World 1988 pageant, where she promoted the image of Hong Kong. She was then supposed to compete in the Miss Universe 1989 pageant but withdrew due to health problems.
Reis started to build a career within the entertainment industry in the 1990s. She starred in commercials eventually leading to movies. She has also appeared in music videos and TVB television episodes.
Reis married business tycoon Julian Hui on 23 November 2008, following a very public two-year courtship. Julian was formerly married to Pansy Ho, the daughter of Macau casino businessman Stanley Ho.
Reis gave birth to a baby boy, Jayden Max "JM" Hui, on 8 February 2011 via Caesarean section at the Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital. At birth, Jadyen weighed 2.93 kilograms and measured 49 cm long.
- Bodyguards and Assassins (2009)
- Miss Du Shi Niang (2003)
- The Irresistible Piggies (2002)
- Beauty and the Breast (2002)
- Every Dog Has His Date (2001)
- Bakery Amour (2001)
- Healing Hearts (2000)
- The City of Strangers (2000)
- When I Fall in Love... with Both (2000)
- The Island Tales (1999)
- Round About Midnight (1999)
- Prince Charming (1999)
- Flowers of Shanghai (1998)
- Young and Dangerous 4 (1997)
- Heaven Earth Great Ambition (1997)
- 100 Ways to Kill Yourself (1996)
- Fallen Angels (1995)
- The Other Side of the Sea (1994)
- Drunken Master III (1994)
- The Black Morning Glory (1993)
- The Sword of Many Lovers (1993)
- The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk II (1993)
- The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk (1993)
- Casino Tycoon II (1992)
- Royal Tramp II (1992)
- Zen of Sword (1992)
- The Wicked City (1992)
- A Kid from Tibet (1992)
- Party of a Wealthy Family (1991)
- Swordsman II (1991)
- Perfect Girls (1990)
- Doctor's Heart (1990)
- No Risk, No Gain (1990)
- A Chinese Ghost Story Part II (1990)
Chinese white-collar workers display images of Michele Reis at the office to subtly ask for a raise in salary because her Chinese name Jiāxīn (嘉欣) is an exact homophone of 加薪 ("pay raise") in Mandarin Chinese, and is a near-homophone in Cantonese language (ga1yan1/ga1san1).
- Reis's secret life experience: childhood was abandoned by the father
- Compare life experience
- Reis expressed joy to share with everyone when she promoted "Auntie"
- sina.com.cn Reis profile. Retrieved on 28-09-2007
- "Michelle marries Julian", The Star, 2007-09-02, retrieved 2010-03-19
- http://t.qq.com/michelejiaxin Michele Reis official blog (Chinese). Retrieved on 8 February 2011.
- "Michelle Reis". imdb.com. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- "Michelle Reis". chinesemov.com. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- Wang, Guanqun (2010-04-12). "Chinese white-collar workers seek higher salaries". Xinhua News Agency.
|Miss Hong Kong
|New award||Miss Chinese International