From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ping may refer to:
- Ping, a pulse of sound in active sonar
- Ping (networking utility), a computer network monitoring tool
- Echo Request message in Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- iTunes Ping, a social network for music that was once built into Apple iTunes
- Ping (blogging), used for blogs, RSS, and related web services
- PING (software), used for disk cloning or backup
- Ping (surname), a Chinese surname
- Bing (Chinese surname), romanized Ping in Wade–Giles
- Ping (given name)
- Jean Ping (born 1942), Gabonese diplomat and Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union
- Nimrod Ping (1947–2006), politician in Brighton, England
- Frank Steven Ping Bodie (1887–1961), Major League Baseball player
- Panfilo Morena "Ping" Lacson (born 1948), Filipino politician and current member of the Philippine Senate
- Ping, a domesticated Chinese duck in the illustrated book The Story about Ping, first published in 1933
- Ping, a minor character in Seinfeld, an NBC sitcom
- Ping, a character in the webcomic Megatokyo
- Ping, the disguised identity of Hua Mulan in the animated film Mulan
- Ping the Elastic Man, a comic strip character introduced in The Beano in 1938
- "The machine that goes Ping!", a fictitious obstetric medical device featured in the film Monty Python's Meaning of Life
- Mr. Ping, a character in the film Kung Fu Panda
- Professor Ping, a character in the film Barbarella
- Pinging, the noise indicative of improper combustion in internal combustion engines
- Ping (Chinese: 坪), a Taiwanese measure of area
- Ping, an ability in the trading card game Magic: The Gathering
- Ping project, a project of the European Molecular Biology network (EMBnet)
- Ping River, a river in Thailand
- Ping (golf), a manufacturer and brand name of golf equipment
- "Ping" (short story), by Samuel Beckett
- Ping (video gaming), the network latency between computers used in online gaming.
- Ping (bing), a type of Chinese flat bread
- Pinghua, a Chinese dialect
- Ping.fm, a microblog social network
- Table tennis, a racquet sport also known as "ping-pong"
- Template:Ping (redirects to Template:Reply to)
- All pages beginning with "Ping"
- All pages with titles containing "Ping"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ping.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.