From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Launched||23 April 2000|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Networks India|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
63% (September 2015 , BARC)
|Slogan||असली मज़ा सब के साथ आता है ('Asli Mazaa Sab Ke Saath Aata Hai', Real Fun Comes with Everyone)|
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV
Sony MAX 2
|Airtel digital TV (India)||Channel 117 (SD) and (proposed)118 (HD)|
|Big TV (India)||Channel 210|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 106 (SD) and 7 (HD)|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 134 (SD) and 132 (HD)|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 320|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 810|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 113|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 701 (HD)|
|Astra 2F (Europe)||12552 V 22000 5/6|
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|Starsat(Sub-Saharan Africa)||Channel 509|
|In Digital (India)||Channel 105|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 507|
|GTPL (India)||Channel 16|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 807|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 163
Channel 164 (SAB TV on Demand)
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 522|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 774|
|Mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 648|
|My.T (Mauritius)||Channel 38|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
SAB TV, or Sony Sab, is an Indian television entertainment channel specializing in family events. Launched in 2000, it is part of the network of television channels owned by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt. Ltd. (SPNI). SAB TV HD launched on Monday 5 September 2016 on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.
This channel has gone through many genres of shows such as comedy, drama, romance, silent comedy, fantasy, science fiction, and stand up comedy. F.I.R and Taarak Metha Ka Ooltah Chashmah were carried through Sab TV and within the last 5 years Taarak Metha Ka Ooltah Chashmah has been on the top 10 chart of Indian Television and has been cited as one of the greatest comedy shows of all time with an IMDB of 8.3.. Current shows on San TV include:
- Baal Veer (Mon - Fri, 7:00pm IST): Baal Veer is a story about a supernatural human boy, who is taken to Pari-lok (Fairy-Land) by fairies. There are numerous fairies in Pari-lok and each fairy has her own basic characteristic according to her name. Later however, Maa Pari (Mother Fairy) has enthroned the Bahuroopi Pari (Multiform Fairy) as the Rani Pari (Queen Fairy). Bhayankar Pari (Frightful Fairy), with help of her assistant Tauba-Tauba, tries to become Rani Pari but is defeated by Baal Veer. Baal Veer lives undercover as Ballu with his close friends; Manav and Meher, as their adopted sibling. Ballu, Manav, Meher and their friends are often troubled by their schoolmates; Montu, Rohit and Chittu, but Baal Veer comes to their rescue. According to Baal Veer, "No matter how much powerful the evil is, the Good and True always win."
- Y.A.R.O Ka Tashan (Mon - Fri, 7:30 PM, IST): Y.A.R.O. Ka Tashan is about a professor named Professor Govardhan Aggarwal and his robot named Y.A.R.O. (Young Assembled Robotic Object). Professor Govardhan Aggarwal treats Y.A.R.O. like his own son and has operated him as a 21 year old teenager. He wants to be like a human but him being a human will bring problems and laughter to everyone.
- Ichhapyaari Naagin (Mon - Fri 8:00pm IST): Ichhapyaari Naagin is a story about a shape shifting snake whose name is Ichha. When she comes in her human form she falls in love with a guy named Babbal Patrap.
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (Mon - Fri, 8:30 PM, IST): This show, popularly known as TMKOC, is SAB TV's tentpole property. On air for more than eight years since 28 July 2008, TMKOC revolves around daily happenings in the Gokuldham Co-Operative Housing Society in Mumbai, a society well known for its culture, unity, love and care for each other and the fun that happens there. The show's 2000th episode aired on 11 August 2016.
- Chidiya Ghar (Mon - Fri, 9:00 PM, IST): Chidiya Ghar is a house named after Mrs. Chidiya Kesari Narayan, late wife of retired principal, Mr. Kesari Narayan, also called Babuji. The story is about Babuji, his three sons - Ghotak, Gomukh and Kapi and their respective wives - Koyal, Mayuri and Chuhiya, Grandchildren - Gillu, Gajgamini and Chitti, daughter Maina, servant Gadha Prasad, Gadha Prasad’s wife - Nagin and Gadha Prasad’s brother - Mendak Prasad. Names of all the members of Chidiya Ghar resemble with an animal and each individual bears some characteristics of that animal.
- Khidki (Mon - Fri, 9:30 PM, IST): Khidki is a mini-TV series created by true funny stories contributed from people across the country. Their acting of the funny stories will bring laughter to everyone.
- Badi Door Se Aaye Hai (Mon - Fri, 10:00 PM, IST): Badi Dooooor Se Aaye Hai (BDSAH) is a story of five aliens who have come to earth in search of their lost son named 2015. The five aliens include Vasant Ghotala, his wife – Varsha Ghotala his brother Sharad Ghotala 4 children – Summer Ghotala, Hemant Ghotala, Shishir Ghotala and youngest daughter, Grishma (333). The fun story revolves around them taking human form and settling in Sunshine colony totally unaware of human beings and their ways of doing daily activities like cooking, how to use different appliances, wedding, festivals, etc. Each of the alien has a special super power which they have to hide and keep undercover from other humans. The entire family being alien to the human civilization always creates funny situations. Ushering through this search for their son they sarcastically highlight the satire of human relations and civilization while exploring this they learn how humans bond to each other by unsaid feeling of emotions and love.
- Dr. Madhumati On Duty (Mon - Fri, 10:30 PM, IST): Dr. Madhumati On Duty is a romantic hospital drama show, where Dr. Madhumati, a strict no nonsense Bengali doctor who doesn’t believe in love and dislikes Dr. Mohan, a doctor who very much believes in love. Fun starts when Dr. Mohan starts trying to win Dr. Madhumati’s heart and when both the doctors solve the cases in their own unique styles.
- Gupp Chupp (Sat - Sun, 8:30 PM, IST): Gupp Chupp is a silent comedy show about two stores. One is Kohli Cake Shop a shop where people are selling desserts like cakes, doughnuts, and cupcakes. the other store Sethi Sweets has all kinds of sweets like jalebi, laddu, and rusgulla. Both owners of both stores hate each other and have a war between who would eat their desserts or sweets more. Their fighting and comedy between customers will bring non-stop laughter and comedy to everyone.
- Dil Deke Dekho Ji (COMING SOON): Dil Deke Dekho Ji is an upcoming romantic drama show, which will deal with how flowers can show or present romantic relationships and accept proposals.