From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Launched||23 April 2005|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Networks India|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
63% (September 2015 , BARC)
|Slogan||असली मज़ा सब के साथ आता है|
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV
Sony MAX 2
|Airtel digital TV (India)||Channel 117|
|Big TV (India)||Channel 210|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 106|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 113|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 320|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 810|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 113|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 701 (SD)|
|Astra 2F (Europe)||12552 V 22000 5/6|
|World TV Europe (Europe)||Channel TBA|
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|Starsat(Sub-Saharan Africa)||Channel 509|
|In Digital (India)||Channel 105|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 507|
|GTPL (India)||Channel 16|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 807|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 163
Channel 164 (SAB TV on Demand)
|Mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 648|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
SAB TV, a leading General Entertainment Channel (GEC) launched in 2005, is part of the network of television channels owned by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt Ltd. With a core brand promise of ‘Asli Mazaa SAB Ke Saath Aata Hai’, SAB TV strongly believes in showcasing family humour. It has an impressive line-up of innovative programs and light-hearted content ranging from daily family comedy to path breaking concepts like silent comedy is dedicated to promoting an enjoyable ‘family-viewing’ experience.
Its current programming mix includes Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Chidiya Ghar, Baal Veer, Badi Door Se Aaye Hain,Sahib Biwi Aur Boss and Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle. The channel is broadcast nationally and is available in more than 100 million households in India and internationally in more than 150 countries reaching over 25 million households.
Current shows on SAB TV include:
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (Mon - Fri, 8.30 PM, IST): This show revolves around daily happenings in the Gokuldham Co-Operative Housing Society in Mumbai, a society well known for its culture, unity, love and care for each other and the fun that happens there.
- Baal Veer (Mon - Fri, 8.00 PM, IST): Baal Veer is a story about a supernatural boy which shows his confrontations with the evil fairy Bhayankar Pari, who wishes to become the queen. However, Maa Pari has enthroned Bahuroopi Pari as the Rani Pari. Bhayankar Pari, with help from her assistant Tauba-Tauba tries to become Rani Pari but is defeated by Baal Veer. Baal Veer lives undercover as a human boy Ballu and is close friends with Manav and Meher. Manav and Meher are often troubled by Montu, Rohit and Keval but Baal Veer comes to their rescue.
- Chidiyaghar (Mon - Fri, 9.00 PM, IST): Chidiyaghar is a house named after Mrs. Chidiya Kesari Narayan, late wife of retired principal, Mr. Kesari Narayan, also called Babuji. The story is about Babuji, his three sons - Ghotak, Gomukh and Kapi and their respective wives - Koyal, Mayuri and Chuhiya, Grandchildren - Gillu, Gajgamini and Chitti, daughter Maina, servant Gadha Prasad, Gadha Prasad’s wife - Nagin and Gadha Prasad’s brother - Mendak Prasad. Names of all the members of Chidiyaghar resemble with an animal and each individual bears some characteristics of that animal.
- Badi Dooooor Se Aaye Hain (Mon - Fri, 9.30 PM, IST): Badi Dooooor Se Aaye Hain (BDSAH) is a story of five aliens who have come to earth in search of their lost son named 2015. The five aliens include Vasant Ghotala, his wife – Varsha Ghotala his brother Sharad Ghotala and 3 children – Hemant Ghotala, Shishir Ghotala and youngest son 2015. The fun story revolves around them taking human form and settling in Sunshine colony totally unaware of human beings and their ways of doing daily activities like cooking, how to use different appliances, wedding, festivals, etc. Each of the alien has a special super power which they have to hide and keep undercover from other humans. The entire family being alien to the human civilization always creates funny situations. Ushering through this search for their son they sarcastically highlight the satire of human relations and civilization while exploring this they learn how humans bond to each other by unsaid feeling of emotions and love.
- Sahib, Biwi aur Boss (Mon - Fri, 10.00 PM, IST): The story revolves around the life of Sunny and Anisha, a happily married couple. Sunny is an aspiring bhogpuri actor and Anisha is a housewife. Their life takes an eventful turn when Anisha takes up a job where she has to lie about her marital status. The company owner, Mandodari, is looking for a bride for her nephew and thinks Anisha is perfect. Things starts taking interesting turn when the boss spots Anisha and Sunny together and how this couple manage to hide the fact that they are actually married. Seeing this and further events and to protect her wife, Sunny enters the company as an old man – Balma Pandey. One lie spinning into a web of lies resulting into a comedy of errors in the life of this simple family brings laughter for everyone.
- Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle (Mon - Fri, 10.30 PM, IST): Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle is a fun battle between Nathu, a tapori and Ranbeer, a businessmen pretending to be a Doctor. It’s a laughter riot where they both share a common aim – "To gain attention of beautiful Dr. Diya". Watch Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle and witness to what extent these two go in order to win Dr. Diya creating hilarious situations.