From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (July 2014)|
|Owned by||Multi Screen Media Private Limited|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
0.03% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV
Sony MAX 2
|Website||www.sabtv.com Sony Sab website|
|Airtel digital TV (India)||Channel 117|
|Big TV (India)||Channel 210|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 106|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 113|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 320|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 810|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 113|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 701 (SD)|
|Freesat (UK)||Channel 660|
|Astra 2F (Europe)||12552 V 22000 5/6|
|World TV Europe (Europe)||Channel TBA|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 252 (HD) (Coming Soon)|
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|In Digital (India)||Channel 105|
|Asianet Digital TV (India)||Channel 507|
|GTPL (India)||Channel 16|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 807|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 163
Channel 164 (SAB TV on Demand)
|ABNXcess||Channel TBA (SD) (Coming Soon)|
|Mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 648|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
The channel was launched on 23 April 2000 by Sri Adhikari Brothers as a general entertainment channel. In 2003, it was repositioned as a comedy-centric channel. In March 2005, SAB TV was acquired by Sony Entertainment Television and was transformed into a youth-centric channel. In June 2008, the channel announced that it would return to its roots by being repositioned as a comedy-centric channel once again.
SAB is a part of the network of Television channels owned by Multi Screen Media in India along with the other channels being Sony, Sony MAX, and Sony PIX. SAB TV revamped its style on 21 June 2013 and the current style uses boxes and more color.
SAB TV's current programs are Baal Veer, Badi Door Se Aaye Hain, Yam Hain Hum, Chidiya Ghar, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Hum Aapke Ghar Mein Rehtein Hai, Comedy Superstar, Krishan Kanhaiya ,"Police Factory"
- Vitubo. "404 - televisionpoint site d'information sur le nouveau web". televisionpoint.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Indiantelevision dot com's Breaking News : SAB TV primed for humour". indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Anil Wanvari. "Indian Television Dot Com - Sony buying Sab TV brand for $ 13 million". indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- SAB turns to comedy... again
- "SAB TV revamps look". Mohini Mishra - Indiantelevision.com. 22 June 2013.
- "Baal Veer Review". Retrieved 6 November 2015.