From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Launched||23 April 2005|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Networks India|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
63% (September 2015 , BARC)
|Slogan||असली मज़ा सब के साथ आता है|
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV
Sony MAX 2
|Airtel digital TV (India)||Channel 117|
|Big TV (India)||Channel 210|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 106|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 134|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 320|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 810|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 113|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 701 (SD)|
|Astra 2F (Europe)||12552 V 22000 5/6|
|World TV Europe (Europe)||Channel TBA|
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|Starsat(Sub-Saharan Africa)||Channel 509|
|In Digital (India)||Channel 105|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 507|
|GTPL (India)||Channel 16|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 807|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 163
Channel 164 (SAB TV on Demand)
|Mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 648|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
SAB TV, a leading General Entertainment Channel (GEC) launched in 2005, is part of the network of television channels owned by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt Ltd. With a core brand promise of ‘Asli Mazaa SAB Ke Saath Aata Hai’, SAB TV strongly believes in showcasing family humour. It has an impressive line-up of innovative programs and light-hearted content ranging from daily family comedy to path breaking concepts like silent comedy is dedicated to promoting an enjoyable ‘family-viewing’ experience.
Current shows on SAB TV include:
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (Mon - Fri, 8.30 PM, IST): This show revolves around daily happenings in the Gokuldham Co-Operative Housing Society in Mumbai, a society well known for its culture, unity, love and care for each other and the fun that happens there. 2015 , Daughter, 333
- Baal Veer (Mon - Fri, 8.00 PM, IST): Baal Veer is a story about a supernatural boy which shows his confrontations with the evil fairy Bhayankar Pari, who wishes to become the queen. However, Maa Pari has enthroned Bahuroopi Pari as the Rani Pari. Bhayankar Pari, with help from her assistant Tauba-Tauba tries to become Rani Pari but is defeated by Baal Veer. Baal Veer lives undercover as a human boy Ballu and is close friends with Manav and Meher. Manav and Meher are often troubled by Montu, Rohit and Keval but Baal Veer comes to their rescue.
- Chidiya Ghar (Mon - Fri, 9.00 PM, IST): Chidiyaghar is a house named after Mrs. Chidiya Kesari Narayan, late wife of retired principal, Mr. Kesari Narayan, also called Babuji. The story is about Babuji, his three sons - Ghotak, Gomukh and Kapi and their respective wives - Koyal, Mayuri and Chuhiya, Grandchildren - Gillu, Gajgamini and Chitti, daughter Maina, servant Gadha Prasad, Gadha Prasad’s wife - Nagin and Gadha Prasad’s brother - Mendak Prasad. Names of all the members of Chidiyaghar resemble with an animal and each individual bears some characteristics of that animal.
- Badi Door Se Aaye Hai(Mon - Fri, 10:00 PM, IST): Badi Dooooor Se Aaye Hai (BDSAH) is a story of five aliens who have come to earth in search of their lost son named 2015. The five aliens include Vasant Ghotala, his wife – Varsha Ghotala his brother Sharad Ghotala 4 children – Summer Ghotala, Hemant Ghotala, Shishir Ghotala and youngest daughter, Grishma (333). The fun story revolves around them taking human form and settling in Sunshine colony totally unaware of human beings and their ways of doing daily activities like cooking, how to use different appliances, wedding, festivals, etc. Each of the alien has a special super power which they have to hide and keep undercover from other humans.The entire family being alien to the human civilization always creates funny situations. Ushering through this search for their son they sarcastically highlight the satire of human relations and civilization while exploring this they learn how humans bond to each other by unsaid feeling of emotions and love.
- Dr. Bhanumati On Duty (Mon - Fri, 11.00 PM, IST): Dr. Bhanumati on Duty is a hospital comedy that revolves an army doctor – Dr. Bhanumati Bhinn. She along with two of her subordinates - Lovely Singh and Doodhnath solve medical cases in their own unique style and will create fun and laughter all around. Dr. Bhanumati herself is a very humorous energetic army doctor who brings fun, emotions, laughter, and shows thrilling adventures to everyone.
- Khidki (Mon - Fri, 9.30 PM, IST): Khidki is a mini-tv series created by true funny stories contributed from people across the country. Their acting of the funny stories will bring laughter to everyone.
- Y.A.R.O. Ka Tashan (Mon - Fri, 7:30 PM, IST): Y.A.R.O. Ka Tashan is about a professor named Professor Govardhan Aggarwal and his robot named Y.A.R.O. (Your Aptitude Remote Operator). Professor Govardhan Aggarwal treats Y.A.R.O. like his own son and has operated him as 30 year old teenager. He wants to be like a human but him being a human will bring problems and laughter to everyone.
- Gupp Chupp (Sat - Sun, 8:30 PM, IST): Gupp Chupp is a silent comedy show about two stores. One is Kohli Cake Shop a shop where people are selling desserts like cakes, doughnuts, and cupcakes. the other store Sethi Sweets has all kinds of sweets like jalebi, laddu, and rusgulla. Both owners of both stores hate each other and have a war between who would eat their desserts or sweets more. Their fighting and comedy between customers will bring non-stop laughter and comedy to everyone.