Stephen Law (Governor of Bombay)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stephen Law (died 1787 or 1788) was the Governor of Bombay from 7 April 1739 to 15 November 1742.
- Arthur Jones, ed., Hertfordshire 1731-1800 as recorded in the Gentleman's Magazine, 1993, p. 207
- Octavius Francis Christie, ed., The Diary of the Rev. William Jones, 1777-1821: Curate and Vicar of Broxbourne and the Hamlet of Hoddesdon, 1781-1821, 1929
- Will of Stephen Law, Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service, Item Ref AD422
- "Previous Governors List". Raj Bhavan (Maharashtra). http://rajbhavan.maharashtra.gov.in/previous/default.htm. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "Colonial administrators and post-independence leaders in India (1616–2000)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- Great Britain India Office (1819). The India List and India Office List. I. Harrison. pp. 125–7. http://books.google.com/books?id=3VQTAAAAYAAJ&printsec=toc#PRA1-PA125,M1. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Greater Bombay District Gazetteer. Maharashtra State Gazetteers. I. Government of Maharashtra. 1986. http://www.maharashtra.gov.in/english/gazetteer/greater_bombay/history.html#40. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
|This article about a British politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|