From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2009)|
|Created by||Ross Margrave
|Country of origin||Canada
|Original network||CBC Television (Canada)
Discovery Kids (U.S.)
|Original release||March 11, 2003citation needed] – July 11, 2006 [|
The Save-Ums are a group of six characters of various appearances, who help various creatures when they run into difficulty.
Each episode begins with a call on the "adventure screen" (essentially a videophone) from an inhabitant of the world in which the Save-Ums live. The caller describes the difficulty that needs to be solved, and then selected Save-Ums travel to the scene of the problem. There are three different places that the Save-Ums travel to solve problems: Rock World, an island with a large mountain, Lava World, a tropical island with a volcano, and Wave World, which is under the ocean.
The Save-Ums then assist in solving the problem. Each episode ends with the problem being solved and the Save-Ums returning to their headquarters.
- Jazzi is an enthusiastic girl who dreams to speak the language of wild horses. She is afraid of water and is shown to be the leader in numerous episodes . She also looks out for her younger sibling B.B.Jammies, but all the Save-ums look out for him as well. She is voiced by Tajja Isen.
- Noodle is a hound dog-like creature who is the most intelligent of the group, and is the most mature, often being the voice of reason letting others see what is right. He often chooses the machines needed for the job and pilots the Subchopper. He is voiced by Cameron Ansell.
- Ka-Chung is a hippopotamus-like creature who is one of the toughest Save-Ums; as his name implies, he is well known to shout "Ka-Chung!" as his catchphrase. He pilots the Ka-Drill. He is voiced by Mitchell Eisner.
- Foo is an angelfish-like creature who is the nicest of the Save-Ums and goes on most of the missions. She flies a jet pack. She is voiced by Aaryn Doyle.
- Custard is a cat-eared Save-Um who pilots the Zoomer, and goes on most of the missions. He is voiced by Jordan Francis.
- B. B. Jammies is Jazzi's younger brother, who has a purple American football-shaped head. Since he is too young to go on missions, he mostly plays with the Puffs. He is voiced by Connor Price.
- Puffs are six little fluffy characters who live and play with the Save-Ums, but don't go on any missions. They sometimes are a help to them.
- Winston is a bespectacled whale who lives in Wave World and has an underwater garden.
- Andre is a seahorse who lives in Wave World.
- Olena is an octopus who lives in Wave World.
- Raymundo and Peque are ants who live in Lava World.
- Oscar and Tina are monkeys who live in Lava World. They are voiced by Scott Beaudin and Melanie Tonello.
- Dino is a baby dinosaur babysat by Raymundo and Peque, who lives in Lava World.
- Colin and Elizabat are bats who live in Rock World.
- Dori and Terrell are glowgrubs who live in Rock World. Dori is voiced by Alexandra Lai.
- Tony and Sal are crabs who live in Lava World and Wave World.
- Save-Um Central, the headquarters and home of the Save-Ums.
- Rock World, a world with a large rock in the shape of a face. Here live two bats and two fireflies.
- Lava World, a world with a large volcano in the shape of a face. There live two ants, two crabs, and two monkeys.
- Wave World, a world under the sea where a whale, a seahorse, an octopus and small fish live.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2015)|