From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (April 2009) (|
|Created by||Ross Margrave
|Voices of||Tajja Isen
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Original network||CBC Television|
|Original release||March 11, 2003– July 11, 2006|
The Save-Ums is a Canadian CGI animated television series produced by DHX Media. The series premiered on CBC Television as part of the Kids' CBC programming block on March 11, 2003 and ended on July 11, 2006.
The Save-Ums are a group of six characters of various appearances, who help various creatures when they run into difficulty.
Each episode begins with a call on the "adventure screen" (essentially a videophone) from an inhabitant of the world in which the Save-Ums live. The caller describes the difficulty that needs to be solved, and then selected Save-Ums travel to the scene of the problem. There are three different places that the Save-Ums travel to solve problems: Rock World, an island with a large mountain, Lava World, a tropical island with a volcano, and Wave World, which is under the ocean.
The Save-Ums then assist in solving the problem. Each episode ends with the problem being solved and the Save-Ums returning to their headquarters.
- Jazzi is an enthusiastic girl who dreams to speak the language of wild horses. She is afraid of water and is shown to be the leader in numerous episodes. She also looks out for her younger brother B.B. Jammies, but all the Save-Ums look out for him as well. She is voiced by Tajja Isen.
- Noodle is a hound dog-like creature who is the most intelligent of the group, and is the most mature, often being the voice of reason letting others see what is right. He often chooses the machines needed for the job and pilots the Subchopper. He is voiced by Mark Rendall and Cameron Ansell.
- Custard is a cat-eared Save-Um who pilots the Zoomer, and goes on most of the missions. He is voiced by Jordan Francis.
- Ka-Chung is a hippopotamus-like creature who is one of the toughest Save-Ums; as his name implies, he is well known to shout "Ka-Chung!" as his catchphrase. He pilots the Ka-Drill. He is voiced by Mitchell Eisner.
- Foo is an angelfish-like creature who is the nicest of the Save-Ums and goes on most of the missions. She flies a jet pack. She is voiced by Aaryn Doyle.
- B.B. Jammies is Jazzi's younger brother, who has a purple American football-shaped head. Since he is too young to go on missions, he mostly plays with the Puffs. He is voiced by Connor Price.
- Puffs are six little fluffy characters who live and play with the Save-Ums, but don't go on any missions. They sometimes are a help to them.
- Winston is a bespectacled whale who lives in Wave World and has an underwater garden.
- Andre is a seahorse who lives in Wave World.
- Olena is an octopus who lives in Wave World. She is voiced by Stephanie Beard.
- Raymundo and Peque are ants who live in Lava World. Raymundo is voiced by Carlos Díaz.
- Oscar and Tina are monkeys who live in Lava World. They are voiced by Scott Beaudin and Melanie Tonello.
- Dino is a baby dinosaur babysat by Raymundo and Peque, who lives in Lava World.
- Colin and Elizabat are bats who live in Rock World.
- Dori and Terrell are glowgrubs who live in Rock World. Dori is voiced by Alexandra Lai.
- Tony and Sal are crabs who live in Lava World and Wave World.
- Save-Um Central, the headquarters and home of the Save-Ums.
- Rock World, a world with a large rock in the shape of a face. Here live two bats and two glowgrubs.
- Lava World, a world with a large volcano in the shape of a face. There live two ants, two crabs, and two monkeys.
- Wave World, a world under the sea where a whale, a seahorse, an octopus and small fish live.
- * Untangle That Octopus
- * Runaway Toy Car
- * Dino Sandwich
- * Where are Winston's Glasses?
- * The Mystery of Winston's Garden
- * Operation Banana Split
- * Scary Things Don't Blink
- * Tina in the Sky
- * Save That Little Tree!
- * A Rock in Winston's Garden
- * Operation Dino Diaper!
- * Rescue Wonder Winston
- * Fix That Broken Drum
- * Brush that Dino’s Tooth
- * Andre's Super Water Bubble!
- * Catch That Falling Crab!
- * Making Little Peque Safe
- * Andre's Hole in One
- * Oscar Has A Flat
- * Panic Picnic in Wave World
- * The Ghost of Wave World
- * Tina's Extra Special Thing
- * Unstick That Ant
- * Follow That Mystery Map
- * Wash That Dirty Dino
- * Save That Fish
- * Find That Little Grub's Phone
- * Bats & Oranges
- * Swing That Baby Dino
- * Rescue That Loco Coco
- * Danger: Sticky Food!
- * Too Many Bananas!
- * Lost in Rock World
- * The Vanishing
- * Operation Seesaw!
- * Two Cakes in One
- * Time To Paint a Picture!
- * Pick Up That Spoon
- * Foo is Powerful!
- * Stop Winston's Hiccups!
- * Fix That Trophy!
- * A Little Goes a Long Way!
- * Tie Up That Balloon!
- * Pitch That Tent!
- * Monkey Up a Tree!
- * It's Halloween!
- * Entertain Those Grubs!
- * Keep Those Monkeys Cool
- * Super Cool Birthday Message!
- * Hide and Seek!
- * Save that Ant!
- * Find that Pet!
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2015)|
|Canada||English||The Save-Ums!||CBC Television
|United Kingdom||Channel 5
|Mexico||Latin American Spanish||Save-Ums!||Discovery Kids
|Brazil||Brazilian Portuguese||Discovery Kids
|France||French||Les Sauvetout||France 5
|Germany||German||Die Save-Ums||Super RTL|
|Italy||Italian||Gli imbattibili Save-Ums!||Rai 2
|Spain||European Spanish||Save-Ums!||Playhouse Disney|
|Portugal||European Portuguese||Save-Ums!||Canal Panda