From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Read first! Welcome to my talk page! Questions, information, warnings? Say it here! Please post new messages at the bottom of this page, and sign your post with four tildes (~~~~). Finally, always remember to Assume good faith!|
Feedback Dashboard task force
Since you were a part of the WikiGuides project, I thought I'd give you a heads-up about a new way you can help/mentor newbies on en.wiki: we've recently released a feature called the Feedback Dashboard, a queue that updates in real time with feedback and editing questions from new registered contributors who have attempted to make at least one edit. Steven Walling and I are putting together a task force for experienced Wikipedians who might be interested in monitoring the queue and responding to the feedback: details are here at Wikipedia:Feedback Dashboard. Please sign up if you're interested in helping out! Thanks, Maryana (WMF) (talk) 21:43, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)
Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy). Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! However, please note that your input will carry no greater weight than anyone else's: remember that an RFC aims to reach a reasoned consensus position, and is not a vote. In support of that, your contribution should focus on thoughtful evaluation of the issues and available evidence, and provide further relevant evidence if possible.
You have received this notice because your name is on Wikipedia:Feedback request service. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from that page. RFC bot (talk) 08:17, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
|Thank you for the barnstar! I really appreciate it, and look forward to working with you more on wiki! :) C(u)w(t)C(c) 17:44, 12 November 2011 (UTC)|
- Thanks for reporting. I don't know if they did that out of spite or simple ignorance. But at least they now should be aware of our username policy. I'll keep an eye on the new account to see if they make any promotional/COI edits, then I can block as a spam username which doesn't allow account recreation. But until they do there's no point in soft-blocking again the new name. -- œ™ 01:30, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
The Code of Hannarabbi
Just to say there is not an article page on this subject. Or is it spelled differently?
I have discovered it: Code of Hammurabi. However, no full translation!
- Yes it's definitely spelled "Hammurabi" :) It looks like there's a translation at File:The_code_of_Hammurabi.pdf which is also linked in the see also section. And there appears to be some external links to translations in that section of the article. I'm guessing with these links consensus was that the full translation doesn't need to be in the article. There's also some related discussion at the article's talk page. -- œ™ 02:02, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
- Hey; once again, office hours for the article feedback tool! These will be held at 22:00 UTC this evening; logs from the last session can be found here. Hope to see you there :). Do drop me a note if you can't attend but would like the logs/have some questions for me to pass on to the devs :). Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 05:29, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
Shortcuts that are English words
- User:OlEnglish/Shortcuts that are English words Nov 2011 raw
- User:OlEnglish/Shortcuts that are English words Nov 2011 pretty 20:21, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- The first ever userfication of a category.. haha, nice. ;P Thanks! -- œ™ 23:24, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Feedback Dashboard upgrade
Thanks for signing up for the Feedback Dashboard response team! I wanted to let you know that the tool just got an important update (see here for details). I also wanted to invite you to the IRC office hours session that Steven and I are going to hold this Sunday, December 4. Hope you can make it and share your experience/questions with us! Thanks again, Maryana (WMF) (talk) 23:59, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
Category:Biographies without real biographical information
Way back in 2007, on Template talk:Cleanup-biography, you commented that this category is poorly named and proposed a rename to Category:Biographies with insufficient biographical information. Having just found it, I agree, and have proposed that rename for discussion. Your comments are welcome at Wikipedia:Categories for discussion/Log/2011 December 2#Category:Biographies without real biographical information. Robofish (talk) 23:31, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
Hi 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:30, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- Hi? -- œ™ 02:40, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Notability (people)
Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Notability (people). Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! However, please note that your input will carry no greater weight than anyone else's: remember that an RFC aims to reach a reasoned consensus position, and is not a vote. In support of that, your contribution should focus on thoughtful evaluation of the issues and available evidence, and provide further relevant evidence if possible.
You have received this notice because your name is on Wikipedia:Feedback request service. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from that page. RFC bot (talk) 09:16, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
Reply to you...
Hello, OlEnglish, I am the beginner in Wikipedia, but would like to become an admin sometime, so your kind assistance would be very useful to me. I hope to count on your nomination as I reach the level of edits required by Wiki rules (soon, hopefully) - have only 1500+ edits so far in English Wiki. I will really appreciate your support --Orekhova (talk) 13:15, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- All I will say for now is that I see good potential in you. With a bit more time and experience you shouldn't have any problems passing an RfA. -- œ™ 08:50, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
Have you seen the new version? Wikipedia:Article Feedback Tool/Version 5. Looks like someone's assumed Admins don't have enough to do. I'm not even sure if it appears on a watchlist. I'm going to bring this up at AN. Dougweller (talk) 06:57, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
Hi. When you recently edited Pantages Theatre (Salt Lake City), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Pantages Theater (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Newbie pages wanting
Have a great Christmas
|Christmas pudding is hot stuff!|
|Have a wonderful Christmas. As the song says: "I wish you a hopeful Christmas, I wish you a brave new year; All anguish, pain, and sadness Leave your heart and let your road be clear." Pesky (talk …stalk!) 23:58, 24 December 2011 (UTC)|
- What a beautiful message! Thank you! -- œ™ 05:38, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
A cheeseburger for you!
|(: Handman2010 (talk) 05:24, 31 December 2011 (UTC)|
Hi, thanks for protecting the article Periyar (river), but i see that the protection has been done after the IP has caused the damage. the reference points to its origin in Tamilnadu but the article says Kerala due to the damage, the Ip's and the new users indulged in Vandalism wont return to the discussion if their version is present. Please revert the changes made by IP 188.8.131.52 and i'm hopeful that they will get back to some constructive discussion. Thanks.Pearll's SunTALK 10:51, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Oh did I protect The Wrong Version again? darn, I always do that ;P Seriously though I can't revert as that would be seen as an endorsement of that version. Furthermore it appears that the current version more closely matches what the article originally looked like before the dispute, and if I were to revert to anything it would be how the article looked for most of its history. I have no knowledge on the subject and really don't want to get involved any further. The best I can do is suggest that you utilize the various noticeboards such as WP:3O, WP:RfC, the WP:Content noticeboard, Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Rivers, Wikipedia talk:Noticeboard for India-related topics or wherever else you can find editors to come and comment. The more discussion there is the stronger the consensus will be towards a particular side. So that way, even if the IPs don't want to comment, when the protection expires in 4 days you'll have clearly established consensus for a particular version that you can point to, backed up by multiple other editors. And in the future, you can be sure admins will be protecting the Right™ version ;) Above all else, you can always request an edit via the Edit protected template. -- œ™ 11:58, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
i wrote down what happened in the book and it was marked as vandalism. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:19, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, yes that was a false positive from an anti-vandalism robot. I re-instated your edit and reported it. However, your previous edits were unconstructive. If the bot detects more such edits from you they will be reverted and you may be blocked. -- œ™ 00:56, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Criteria for speedy deletion
Greetings! You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Criteria for speedy deletion. Should you wish to respond to the invitation, your contribution to this discussion will be very much appreciated! If in doubt, please see suggestions for responding. If you do not wish to receive these types of notices, please remove your name from Wikipedia:Feedback request service. — RFC bot (talk) 09:17, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
Sabbath Rest Advent Church
Hi there, Please take a look at the changes made to the above page and let me know if you still see the problem of NPOV. If so, please specify so the issue can be addressed. Thanks a lot, PTtrans (talk) 21:12, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
Dear OLEnglish, I have been accused of making comments on pages that I have never visited, identifing me by my code numbers. I checked. It is on a page of USA Baseball. I would not comment as I know little of this subject. I would always log-in and identify myself. Sincerely: MacOfJesus (talk) 00:45, 14 January 2012 (UTC)