From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Warlord is a military leader. Usually, it refers to someone with both military and civil control over a subnational area due to armed forces loyal to the warlord and not to a central authority. It may also be used to refer to:
- Warlord era, a period of Chinese History
- Terry Szopinski, a professional wrestler, known as The Warlord
- Television and film
- The War Lord, a 1965 U.S. film directed by Franklin J. Schaffner
- The Warlord (film), a 1972 Hong Kong film directed by Li Han-hsiang
- The Warlords, a 2007 Chinese film directed by Peter Chan
- Lord of War, a 2005 film
- Warlord (Star Trek: Voyager), an episode of Star Trek: Voyager
- The War Lord, the chief of an alien race called the "War Lords" in the Doctor Who television serial The War Games
- The War Lord (instrumental), theme music of the 1965 film composed by Jerome Moross, also released by The Shadows
- Warlord (album), an album released by nationalist band Skrewdriver
- Warlord (band), an American 80's heavy metal band
- Warlord (demo), a demo by the melodic death metal band Norther
- HSL-51 "WARLORDS", the call sign of a Pilot in the United States Navy Helicopter squadron based in Ayase city, Japan, The Warlords
- VMFA-451, a deactivated United States Marine Corps fighter squadron that was nicknamed The Warlords.
- Comics and novels
- Warlord (comics), a sword and sorcery comics series
- Warlord (British comics), a British comics anthology
- Warlord (manhua), a Hong Kong manhua comic
- The Warlord (Book Series), a six-book pulp-fiction series from the 1980s
- War Lord, a 2006 novel by John Shirley
- Warlord: Saga of the Storm, a Collectible Card Game (with an accompanying table-top RPG) made by Alderac Entertainment Group.
- Warlord (miniature game), a miniatures wargame produced by Reaper Miniatures
- Warlords (arcade game), a game released by Atari in 1980
- Warlord (Dungeons & Dragons), a character class in 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons
- alt.fan.warlord, a Usenet newsgroup dedicated to the dissection and flaming of signature files used in other Usenet groups
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.